Model:Samples only music

That’s cool. :sunglasses:

I like how you played some of the melody in live, that helped it not be too repetitive.

The lighting and camera setup also looks good.

Where did the samples come from? Did you author them?

Oh thanks😄 those samples come from different old librarys on my pc. Some pads souns I’v sampled from vst. Bass and melody souns are single cycle wave.

1 Like

Is this strictly model-samples only? This one is a model samples, iPad moog apps, live vocal and saxophone. Spotify
I’m a huge fan of the model samples, love the workflow. I’d upgraded from a volca sample, which is good but seems way more ‘hobbyist’ than the elektron gear. I suppose it is half the price. Anyway, first post, be kind :slight_smile:

Spontaneous melancholic improvisation under alcohol in bad weather. Guitar bring a little warmth to my sound :slight_smile:

3 Likes

some liquid DnB :slight_smile:

1 Like

new video :wink:

2 Likes

Here is a new one from the Model:Samples.

1 Like

This is not my music/video and I’m not sure if this user is on the forum, but I have to share this since it’s absolutely incredible.

some outdoor live performace :wink:

2 Likes

I made this over the weekend using only the stock noise samples applying filter envelopes and looping to get some granular waveforms.

1 Like

Some dark melodic techno/house

3 Likes

I think I mixed some of my favorite genre here. Dub techno for a dark mood. Synthwave for a nostalgy sounds. And drums sound from dnb.

3 Likes

Bro this was tight. Any tips on how this came together?

Is the sliding just pitch manipulation or the slide feature?

For the triplets and other trills, are you using the retrig feature?

Whoa, is that controller manipulating the M:S?

Yes. But you’ll need a computer or a midi-to-usb converter in between to make it work.

First jam ever, since its also my first stand alone machine as well, few weeks studying it and learning a lot from you all as well and from the outer community. so glad to decide get m:s to further taste the powerful secuencer of elektron devices.

took me a bit of courage and some drinks to make it but as you can see on the vid, im mostly a rookie and still get lost and transitions are rought

i use most of my own samples and some granular recordings as well.

hope you can give me further feedback to keep learning. (i excuse myself for audio quality, im on the road atm and i couldnt reach a soundcard to capture the audio clean, so i just smashed the monitor volume at the room h(((()

best wishes to all of you.

2 Likes

This rips! Nicely done

1 Like

Hey, thanks!
Sorry for the late respone…
So initially i think the idea was i used a bassy kick sample and set the length to 1 or 2 maybe? Then put a random lfo on sample start point.
After I did use trig locks on almost every step with retrigs and set the chance to them kinda low - 13%.

thanks !!! that means a lot 2 me ;D cheers

im diggin it, today i try something more tech

1 Like