MODS! Remove the SPAM!

[quote="“TrabanT”"]

YES IT WAS! [/quote]
Haha thanks!
I added you to a couple of the sub-forums. Thanks for helping out!
You know my e-mail, let me know if there is something else. :+1:

1 Like

Sorry, I thought the cartoon was funny and appropriate given the spam was about sports. :wink:
I have messaged our web admin about this, which is all I can do in regards of adding a captcha.

Oh, and the spam didn’t stay, it came back. I removed and banned most of the posts/posters at the time.[/quote]
I’m a sporto, and I found it funny!

Sorry, I thought the cartoon was funny and appropriate given the spam was about sports. :wink:
I have messaged our web admin about this, which is all I can do in regards of adding a captcha.

Oh, and the spam didn’t stay, it came back. I removed and banned most of the posts/posters at the time.[/quote]
I’m a sporto, and I found it funny![/quote]
Eh, I can be slow at times :slight_smile:
Thanks, Simon, for giving the venerable TrabanT cop authority to nuke this crap!

hi accent… I usually click on every link and then close the tab so have the thread maked as read in the front page…
same goes for OT threads, since I dont have OT … I just click them all, the hit f5 and close the tabs which were opened( middle mouse button click ftw! )[/quote]
Sometimes I look at threads in the AR/AK/A4 sections, although I don’t have one of those (sometimes there’s something still relevant to my machine I can learn/discuss), so that wouldn’t work, and I often browse on on the iPad, so there are no mouse clicks at play.
Generally I just keep clicking through “Forum Activity” until I reach the last messages I read, then open new tabs as I go along. Not so much a problem on the computer, but a big PITA on mobile-I generally have to copy and paste every link I want to read. One wrong click, and I’m back at zero.
It just doesn’t make a lot of sense when the topics themselves are navigated by pages.

If you need another temporary moderator to delete spam while TrabanT sleeps/parties/makes music, I would be happy to help.

I’m also available to moderate. I’m on this forum throughout my workday, west coast USA. No issues keeping an eye on this place while Euroland sleeps.

1 Like

deleting it is a poor solution compared to prevention (Hello Sweden) … or at least trying to find the 30 minutes to change the static question to something else
:-1: :-1: :-1:

We are on it. I hate this spam and banning users is tedious. The new security question worked for 30min. reCAPTCHA is the next step.

1 Like