MODS! Remove the SPAM!

It is ruining the Forum. If you can’t stop it, at least delete it. Thanks.

Hey no problem.

Thanks Simon. Maybe you can stop the bots from registering. Stick a Captcha down or something?

Yeah, surely it’s time to change the verification question - pro-active rather than re-active for the sake of the regulars

Yeah too much spams these days!!

If you guys need a hand with deleting spammmm let me know if I can help, at home way to much atm because of a defunct foot so too much time on my hand anyways :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, I’ll look into adding a captcha.
I’m not the person to do it though!

Simon-whenever you can talk to the person who would actually make that change, can you PLEASE ask them to change the “Forum Activity” page to numbered pages instead of infinite scroll (like I’ve been asking for for a year+)? The only thing worse than having to scroll past the spam is scrolling past the same spammy posts repeatedly because the fucking page resets itself as soon as you click on a link. If I didn’t like Elektron machines so much I would have already ditched this forum for that reason alone.

Yeah this site is due for some TLC. I’m not feeling the “Home Depot” font & color scheme either. Maybe something more Elektron branded? The new Elektron site looks nice.

totally agree!!

Elektron: please halt registration of new members until you have a method for stopping spammers.

won’t happen

This is just plain weird. The board is COVERED in spam, making it a true pain in the ass to navigate (and discounting the litany of long time general board functionality gripes for the moment).

Someone makes a plea for Elektron to please take care of it - a fair and dare I say, reasonable request?

Simon comes on here and says “no problem”, and then posts a non-sequitur cartoon…that maybe I just don’t get it the relevance of, but seems to possibly be a…sarcastic response? Dunno.

But the spam stays.

Just weird to me. Obtuse, even. Sure we’re trying to sell as many products as we can, but don’t seem to care that the main place for discussion of such is a crap experience?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a happy Elektronaut. Love my two boxes and the whole experience. But this is a company with a stubborn streak, that’s for sure.

I interpreted Simon’s message as saying that he is deleting spam messages whenever he is online, but that he doesn’t have the ability to change the registration process to be more rigorous in filtering out spambots.

Sorry, I thought the cartoon was funny and appropriate given the spam was about sports. :wink:
I have messaged our web admin about this, which is all I can do in regards of adding a captcha.

Oh, and the spam didn’t stay, it came back. I removed and banned most of the posts/posters at the time.

1 Like

hi accent… I usually click on every link and then close the tab so have the thread maked as read in the front page…
same goes for OT threads, since I dont have OT … I just click them all, the hit f5 and close the tabs which were opened( middle mouse button click ftw! )

make me mod for EVERY section of this forum, and spammers will be deleted immediatly (since I am online day and night ) (also send a ticket, but I could not open the ticket to read the answer :stuck_out_tongue: )

YES IT WAS!

[quote="“TrabanT”"]

YES IT WAS! [/quote]
+1

and thanks to the admin taking care of the spam.

I allways ask myself, who and what are those people, wasting their time to set up such nonsense ??? Must be unhappy aliens … somehow … :sob:

totally agree!![/quote]
Yes please!