Modular synth signal levels into Digitakt

What level signal can the Digitakt accept for input/sampling? (I tried searching in this forum but couldnt see the answer - probably my fault).

For example, I want to sample my modular (eurorack) into Digitakt. My options are - output attenution, knock up a level matching module (diy) or output via my external mixer. In an ideal world, I’d hope Digitakt can cope with eurorack signal levels without attenuation without clipping or, more importantly, damage to the Digitakt (eg max of 12v p-p in the worst case scenario !!!)

Edit - just found it: +19 dBu peak (so not quite encompassing all possible eurorack levels but gets close)

Hey did you ever end up going direct from eurorack into Digitakt? Did it work? I don’t have an output module yet and I’m curious if I can just attenuate on the DT side with the gain knobs.

No - I’ve ended up using it separately from the modular tbh. I sample the modular via a 16 channel adc into my laptop and work on samples there… sorry…

No worries, thanks for letting me know though! Looks like I’ll have to drag out a mixer or pick up an output module sooner than later.

1 Like

For what it’s worth i’ve got a 1u line out from intelligel into my digitakt and it seems to work great

I think line out is still attenuated down from Eurorack level.

Yes, the line out is, well, line level. I suspect it can still get pretty hot if you max it out. It’s pretty simple to wire up some B10k pots as attenuators to bring the levels down.

Cool, did not know that. Thanks for the suggestion!