Monomachine Love Thread

found this old clip of my working on a track off my album. at this time i was desperately tryna find an excuse to sell my mnm cos i was broke lol glad i pulled through.

14 Likes

Excellent stuff. I really enjoyed your LP as well. Need more :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome stuff!!

1 Like

damn, that high pitched “swarming” sound around 0:20 rocks!

1 Like

yes! i remember you! you purchased before even listening haha i was hoping to not disappoint! <3

thank you! <3

thank you! DTIM DSEND creates some wonders most times haha

1 Like

You most certainly didn’t disappoint :slight_smile:

I hadn’t noticed you’d done shows on my two favourite internet radio stations.

One on Noods in Bristol.

and one on NTS for Denonair’s show.

That’s todays listening sorted :slight_smile:

4 Likes

haha you are too kind! thanks again for the support. really appreciate it :smile:

My boy Anton has some monomachine on his more recent releases.

2 Likes

Sounds good! Colundi?

Nice work. Followed on Spotify. Will purchase on BC when funds allow.
Out of interest, did you track out the individual outs of the MnM to get your final mix ? Sounds quite HiFi on your finished version, and have been thinking about the best method for recording my MnM / MD jams. Think I’ll get an interface with at least 6 ins to do this

hey thanks for the support! yeah i record everything individually out but through A/B. I chain the patterns and record all of track 1, then track 2 etc. Although I have an interface with 6+ ins, i still just A/B out. I’ll say if you are making things on the fly (jamming) a lot, I’ll prolly do 6 outs with an interface. (:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I figured. Thanks
Was listening to the album last night. Has nice depth to the concept and a quality to the final product

1 Like

thanks again for listening and your kind words (:

1 Like

Have been rediscovering the Monomachine this week, sat down this morning and recorded this improvisational droney / dark EBM style jam. Monomachine is running through the Analog Heat with a send to the Eventide H9.

https://soundcloud.com/stirhouse/20210207-mono-distorted-drone

can’t get link to work?

Had my first session with my ‘new’ monomachine today - wow, I can really understand the love! Was able to get up to speed in a couple of hours having owned most of the elektron boxes. The sound is so so crunchy and lovely and the arpeggiator … so musical! I cannot fathom why the digitone doesn’t have the same arp on its midi out. I was a bit hesitant about the purchase never having used one before, but now I can see it’s the synth version of machinedrum. Stoked!

8 Likes

So nice! Congrats!! The fact that you can assign the pitch tracking to two different destinations is also quite wild.

1 Like

Taking some time to organize my sysex files today. Here are two other demos from my album! (:smile:

13 Likes