Monomachine Love Thread

Dug my MnM or of the cupboard on the weekend…

4 Likes

Combining two thru machines hard panned with a stereo signal coming in and using variating arps to get some cycling envelopes on each thru track…
MNM is a bliss!

3 Likes

OH FFS I just missed one at €1000

2 Likes

Tight.

Hearing these tunes inspired me to dig up some old recordings. Here is a crappy tune recorded to cassette.

4 Likes

After few months of not playing with the MnM I decided to have a little jam and once again realised how unique this thing is.

I’ve been favouring the MD over MNM lately bcs thats my latest Elektron purchase but now I remember and understand more deeply that this is what Elektron really means to me. The sound is like nothing else and all of the weird functions play together so beautifully.

It’s funny that at some point I was kinda considering selling this bcs of the insane prices and thought that it might be a good idea to buy the Waldorf M and still have 1K left but that will never happen. I will never part with this machine, ever.

Monomachine forever!!! :heart:

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/c/PongFuTube/videos

by far my favourite mnm demos on all of youtube! @PongFu

this will stay with me forever Elektron Monomachine SFX-60 mk2+ by Nicholas Lem @ Erarta 25.04.2013 - YouTube

particularly as about 7+ years ago put the mp3 on my walkman and spent a few subsequent summers of nice holidays sauntering along long beach walks listening to it. Amazing how sound and memories combine.

6 Likes

Not Monomachine but this one is great too:

I sure hope he’s doing OK with all the sanctions and stuff, i.e. getting the hell out of Russia…

2 Likes

Still one of my favorite synth :

3 Likes

Began working on a new project :grinning: decided to post demo recordings on my youtube while figuring out the new direction

2 Likes

Im reorganising the studio a bit and I found this

22 Likes

Fired up my setup after a long break and still discovering new tricks. I’d never realized how squelchy things could get when you throw a flanger on top of white noise zaps!

And DDRW, still undefeated for deep basslines.

4 Likes

What is DDRW?

DIGIPRO DOUBLEDRAW “DPRO-DDRW”

The DigiPRO Doubledraw machine makes it
possible to make an oscillator out of two
waveforms. This machine is only available in
Monomachine MKII models.

Appendix A-5 of the manual.

3 Likes

ahh i dont have that one. old MM. Should have bought a 2nd one when they went on clearance but I was broke :frowning:

Would you choose MD or Mnm if you could only one? I have the MD which i love, but have this overbearing want to get my hands on a Mnm. Which would only be possible financially if I sold the MD

That is an insanely complex, almost philosophical question. :rofl:

In materialistic terms I would choose the MnM bcs it’s so much more difficult to get affordably these days, and then get the money for the MD later.

If I had to pick one for the rest of my life I’d still say MnM for its endless complexity, that sound, inspiration, great ability to produce drums and all kinds of weird percussions, the arpeggiator is incredible, I love the effects and the use of fx tracks.

It would be a painful choice and tbh if you’d ask me again few months from now the answer might have been shifted, as it seems to do with me.

Selling the MD would likely cause intense regrets right away so my advice would be to somehow save the money without losing the MD since they play together super nicely.

The new unofficial MD FW is making the MD or MnM choice almost impossible.

9 Likes

MnM

2 Likes

I’m debating selling my MD uw+ to help score a Mnm, then maybe done the line if I truly miss the MD I’d be happy with a non uw+ model, which seem easier to get anyways.

The one feature I would very much miss from the MD is the control-all function. Do you find the Mnm even without control-all can just as quickly get into complex and wacky territory?

3 Likes