Monomachine sound library management

Has anyone found a decent way to manage individual sounds on the Monomachine? Mine doesn’t have a plus drive. The way that the Monomachine uses Kits doesn’t seem compatible with saving and recalling individual sounds (even via sysex). When I get a sound I like I’d love to be able to load it easily into another song. Between sessions I tend to do a blank reset to get a clean slate, would be cool to be able to send single sounds from a library on a computer, but I guess a librarian working this way would still need to package kits from a broader collection of sounds? Has anyone created a tool or workflow that can provide this kind of functionality?

1 Like

yep know what yr talking about - I suppose it’s one of the charms of the machine. The soundpool concept on their later synths is a remedy to the monolithic nature of kits. Don’t think there’s any software ulitiies to help out on this.

You could always copy sounds to a few ‘favourite’ high-numbered kits for storage - clear everything else & then save out as sysex. Then after your periodic machine resets, then copy this back to the mono as a kind of starting-point template

2 Likes