Moog Minimoog Model D 2022

Is this what you call «Gear for million dollar Studios».

sadly, $5k is less than (most) secondhand units of the previous reissue are going for these days.

2 Likes

People are crazy

6 Likes

Looks beautiful. For five grand they can fuck off though

8 Likes

The OG will keep climbing in price and I predict those recent reissues will start going up too. There will be some ‘reason’ why they’re ‘the’ one to have.

All the while my Matriarch will still be rattling the windows and flapping the slates :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Will a reissue also mean new repair parts which might fit for the retro ones? (Mine has a few problems with the feet and wave selector)
Dont know how it was back when the older reissue hitted the market

Where is @buad when we need him smh it’s not even polyphonic

3 Likes

there’s a few reasons, in my opinion: extra LFO, built in midi, and better keybed. plus it should have better tuning stability than the originals. and personally I like the wood color of the previous reissue better than the chocolatey color of these latest ones. but I’m not gonna pay $6k for one. I’d just swing for the fences and get a Moog Modular at that point :sunglasses:

1 Like

Dieter says, “Delete”.

1 Like

guess i’ll keep using the ipad version. it might not sound as good as a real one…
but it is $5,000 cheaper. LOL

6 Likes

Does it have sidechain?

1 Like

Haven’t seen the AU price yet, but the NZ RRP is $11,999

1 Like

I think the wood used is a premium. I really regret not buying a used 2016 reissue in my local guitar center when they were clearing them out.

I don’t think it is worth the cost.

3 Likes

That price. Lol. Clearly TE has set an example for others to follow!

Could you buy every Elektron box for that price?

At least A4, AR, Octatrack, Digitone, Digitakt and Syntakt - right? And an Analog Heat?

4 Likes

i am not complaining, but A4 mk1 second hand goes for 650€? and this is 6k? people are losing their senses. a4 is so much more interesting toy to play with. and i love minimoog btw.

1 Like

awesome love the Mini Moog!

I was tempted by the previous reissue.

But that was before Prophet 5 Rev 4. Different type of synth, I know, but comparably iconic.

2 Likes

I don’t get it. I find the thing very boring.

People with too much money trying to disinter a dead horse.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a/b’s and nobody seems to be able to tell which is which

2 Likes