Moog Minimoog Model D 2022

perhaps sales of this will fund more updates to Moog products that need them, as well as the development of more affordable Moog hardware in general.

Just like why Fender keeps making the same-looking Strats and Teles, while also dipping their toes into more experimental (by their standards) models like the Parallel Universe guitars.

have you ever played one? theyā€™re really quite magical instruments. on paper, yeah itā€™s pretty basic and boring. but in person, the experience of actually physically playing one is really quite something. and it does sound absolutely fantastic. if you just want that sound though and are just going to fire midi data at itā€¦ yeah, there are alternatives, and purchasing this one makes even less sense.

3 Likes

hasnā€™t moog been charging a premium for their products for a lot longer than TE has been around? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think they are building every unit by hand with the quality components. So its little bit different thing than mass producting tech toys for the nerds in china.

Looks great, price tag is at least 2k too much. Like it or not, thatā€™s ridiculous. Moogs recent price jump is silly. That being said Iā€™m not a famous rockstar who can just have one of these as something cool to play with if they fancy so I shouldnā€™t complain, Iā€™m definitely not the target audience.

2 Likes

People said that about the OP1. Then I got one and was very much underwhelmed.

1 Like
1 Like

I was looking for a Christmas gift for my 6 yo son, here we go!

14 Likes

Yeah but you wouldnt though. Youā€™d get something good.

2 Likes

Yeah, like six Octatracks.

5 Likes

Well, did it need to be said?
Need I really ask? Nay dare we have to?

3 Likes

The OB-8X is about the same price lol.

Ive got one already. Could do with a new car though. Ive only ever had cheap bangers. For mini moog money I could get something flash.

1 Like

tenor

10 Likes

Trick whip

ā€œRemarkably, for the first time, Moog has added a spring to the pitchwheel so it returns to the centre.ā€

Truly remarkable. Take my $5k.

8 Likes

orrrrā€¦

7 Likes

I think Iā€™ll stick with my Grandmother.

1 Like

Grandmothers are the best!

They give you cookies.

5 Likes

Iā€™m a Moog fanboy and all but this would be a better buy for my model d itch. 3100US.

3 Likes