Moog Werkstatt w/CV Expander Tips?

Thoughts on the Moog Werkstatt with the CV Expander?

I used to have two knob-per-function mono synths and sold one. I’m now really missing the fun of just jamming and twiddling around as well as the dynamic sound it makes.

Curious if anyone has had good experiences with any tips for use with the Moog Werkstatt.

I had one and loved it, but I hated that it didn’t have even basic midi control. So I upgraded to the mother-32 and was happier. That was a while ago though. I don’t have the m32 anymore

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I sold the DFAM…

2 Likes

I use mine quite a bit, I have the moog CV 3.5mm breakout, and also a proper gate mod on mine, it has a very nice sound but a bit basic used alone, I mostly use it for bass or weird percussion stuff, it is a lot of fun patching say envelope to LFO, a great source of samples. Comes in handy for patching into my other modular stuff too, I actually prefer it to the 0-Coast which I found a bit limited also, but they were fun to cross patch, I sold the 0-Coast when I got the Volca modular though.

2 Likes

They’re back !

1 Like

I’m still kinda new to synths in general but I’ve been curious about the new Werkstatt for a while now. I have an Arturia KeyStep that has CV outs for gate, pitch and modulation. In the absence of a MIDI port on the Werkstatt, I can use those CV outs to control the Werkstatt, right?

1 Like

Yes, shouldn’t be a problem. And the Werkstatt is awesome, I love mine.

2 Likes

Yeah, should be no problem.

I sold mine. The functionality with the Analog Keys/Werkstatt was just too annoying for me with almost no help out here for some reason…

I have finally accepted that I’m more MIDI functionality, digital synth, sample leaning

2 Likes

Snap one up if you want it:

1 Like

Not mine