Most PUNCHY Drum machine

For this style of kick, one can use Syntakt’s analog SD classic :wink:

3 Likes

I just can’t like the hats from the Syntakt. I NEED those 909 hats (my problem I know).

2 Likes

So, I mentioned the Digitakt in this thread before. Maybe also the Digitone, because it fits too. (The A4 and AR and MD and MM and SS are also if we want to go further with that…) BUT… after using the Syntakt for a few months now, and specifically designing kicks and snare around the PUNCH descriptor due to other threads where people say it does not adhere to ISO PUNCH Standards, I can now say that I would call it ONE OF the most PUNCHy drum machines around.

There are some outliers that are up there too, and there are some that people also say aren’t, but… ARE, and then some that I suspect are ultra PUNCHY but haven’t tried myself (Modor DRM and Erica Perkons come to mind) but I won’t go into these right now… :smiley:

punchy

punchy2

4 Likes

…it talks digitalis moralis full on…but with balls i’d usually would more associate with some must have analog roots…

i just never forget that moment when i plugged my lxr just straight to a big live pa and it needed no make up of what so ever at all to just rock full on…that’s all i can say…

it’s just a truu and versatile music instrument when ur looking for the biggest bang in naked hardware digital drum synthesis…

erica copied/coorperated with that one guy behind sonic potions for too many good reasons…

3 Likes

Here’s a kick I like, done with Syntakt (direct audio).

However, it’s tailor-made for my taste!

5 Likes

The secret is stacking 3 Heavy Metal pedals in a roll.

3 Likes