MPC + Digitakt – Program Change Problems

Hi all, sorry if I’m flogging a dead horse here, but has anyone found a way to automate program changes in the MPC Live(/One etc) to control Digitakt patterns?

I’ve managed to set it up so that I can manually change patterns via Program CH and it’s just as snappy as it is on the DT, but as soon as I set MPC Sequence 1 to DT Pattern 1 and change over to MPC Sequence 2 to DT Pattern 2 it does that classic Elektron thing of waiting a full cycle to change pattern. Thought I could work around that but now I’ve also discovered Program CH messages don’t get saved in MPC song mode… So back to square one.

Have seen people mention List Edit on the MPC – has anyone actually managed to get this working? It doesn’t work for me but maybe I’m doing it wrong. Feel like it really shouldn’t be this difficult to automate some pattern changes over midi.

Really thought I might be able to bring the Digitakt back into my live setup but this has completely thrown me. I can sort of understand why Elektron won’t give the DT a song mode as it does seem like the hardware just won’t allow it – even when connecting an external brain to do the heavy lifting.