MPC Touch

I (re)began electronic music 3 years ago with an MPC renaissance. That was dope, despite the buggy software.

This way I learned a lots about beat making, sequencing, composing, mixing, etc. And about sound synthesis, which interested me more and more…

I bought Reaktor (dope) and finally an analog four in order to have a bunch of analog sounds under the arm, and to dive more into sound design.

Then, I finally resell my MPC which appeared to me almost useless in front of the elektron workflow (my POV)

I bought recently a machinedrum and now I’m glad, without any daw, cpu or OS issues.

So… when I saw the MPC touch, I thougt as many others “wow, standaloooooone ???”

Then : "WTF !!! Playing their shitty mpc software on this small tactile screen!!! No Way ! "

Otherwise I think this product is potentially great, but, as I can say as an ex-renaissance user, not for me please, never.

From a selfish point of view, I’m relieved they didn’t make it stand alone. I still have a 1000 (with the pad upgrade) to get rid of so I’d rather the used market didn’t crash just yet.

There is for sure a standalone version coming.

Mpc touch live (standalone)coming,but i have the touch and the first problem is that work only for newer osx,i dont use line out i use my soundcard and the sound is very good (is a sampler so) the workflow is a fun and because is my first mpc am try to learn all the new stuff,the first price 700-800 euro is not the best you can buy,but for 500-600 is ok and better than Korg,until now no issues,problems,
But is very nice with the touch screen and the (make music fast) if you like fast disk drive,touch screen samplers is very good option!