Multi-track record ableton overbridge-a4...not recording

hi there …very sorry A noob here…i can’t seem to multi track record my a4 THESE ARE THE STEPS I HAVE TAKEN SO FAR

A4

1.PLUGGED MY USB INTO OVERHUB
2.SELECTED OVERBRIDGE MODE A4
3.OPENED ABLETON 9 SUITE
4.RESET BUFFER SIZE 256 AS ASKED BY OVERBRIDGE
5.SELECTED TRACKS 1-4 ON OVERBRIDGE CONTROL PANEL

ABLETON

1CREATRED 4 TRACKS FOR THE 4 TRACKS IAM USDING ON THE A4
2.SELECTED ON EACH TRACK AUDIO FROM- ANALOG 4 AND THEN EACH A4 TRACK NUMBER ON THE RESPECTIVE ABLETON AUDIO TRACKS.

OK FROM HERE IAM GETTING NICE GREEN LED SOUND LEVELS COMING INTO EACH TRACK BUT WHEN I RECORD NOTHING IS RECORDED UPON PLAYBACK…PLEASE HELP

Can I check that you have record armed the tracks in Ableton?

1 Like

hi thanks for reply …i will be back on my A4 today from around one pm…yes i was arming record …ill have another attempt in overbridge and write you the details …

OK - also, check your monitoring of the tracks. If you are monitoring ‘In’ then nothing will playback until you set monitoring to ‘Auto’.

1 Like

thankyou yes…ill set up soon and be back

i followed this tutorial still can t get it going yes I’ve armed all tracks 4 midi 4 audio

Are you using MAC or Windows OS?

You only need one MIDI track btw

iam using mac…if only need one midi traCK …HOW do i EXPOSE a4 FOUR VOICES

Are you using the VST or AU Overbridge plugin?

You need 4 audio tracks to multitrack 4 A4 synth voices,
You only need one MIDI track to host the plugin.

A screenshot of your setup in Ableton might be helpful here.

Really appreciate your time and help iam using overbridge vst not AU …friend is over right now so will try again later this evening …be in touch soon with screen shot

hi again Alastairj …good news all recording nicely in ableton now…thankyou…new issue now is it is recording each A4 TRACK DRY HOW DO I RECORD THE FX AND AUTOMATION…

You need to set up an audio track recording just the main stereo out to record the effects as that is where they exist as sends.

Make sure that in your kit settings under ‘Track Routing’ you have disabled the 4 voices being sent to the main output, otherwise they will be doubled.

So you should end up with one audio track recording the FX from all four tracks and then four separate tracks recording each voice independently.

As for the automation - all automation you record using the A4’s internal sequencer will automatically be recorded in the audio. If you want to automate parameters from within Ableton, you would map parameters from within the plugin to control from Ableton and then record these in the MIDI track hosting the plugin.

1 Like

Awesome thankyou will try this and give you an update :grinning:

1 Like

Ohh yes how would i sync machinedrum UW to ableton while the A4 is synced via overbridge .

You would sync it via the MIDI out port of the A4. A4 Midi out -> MD Midi In. The A4 will pass on its MIDI clock received from Overbridge.

1 Like

So wih A4 in overbridge and midi synced to MD What. Would be the best way of capturing machinedrums midi and Audio in ableton

1 Like

did a tutorial on how to set it up hope this works for U!

3 Likes