Munro Sonic Egg monitors

I can’t get you out of my egg!

5 Likes

I don‘t agree with your friend at all here. They are very revealing and poorly mixed material will sound bad / poorly mixed. All of its features (great resolution & detail, fast transients, super well-behaved bottom end, etc) are conducive to the mixing stage.

Personally I can‘t stand Adam speakers, their x-art tweeters sound way too harsh to my ears and their ported designs pump out hyped bass.

Not to say that Adam speakers are no good, rather to underline that monitor preferences tend to be a very personal thing - so I accept that he may not like the sound of the EGG like I don‘t like Adam - and mixing well on a speaker is always a matter of learning the speaker and one‘s room, so it takes time and commitment to mix translatable mixes on any set of speakers. On the technical side though, you can‘t fault these speakers, they are not at all hyped and the quality they deliver is worth a lot more than the price most of us have paid for, they are an absolute pro product.

Not side by side, but I know the A7Xs quite well. And to me the two products are not even in the same league. Resolution, separation, sound stage & stereo imaging are much better on the EGGs.

5 Likes

Can confirm, all my mixes sound like shit on them.

15 Likes

My turn to add to the EGG-citement!

The Eggs arrived today and I have them installed on my desk, trying some different material. Currently they’re flat on my desk, but I’d like to raise them about four inches to bring the tweeters just above my ears, and make sure my desktop gear isn’t obstructing their output. Maybe I need a desk with a meter bridge… hmm…

I’m still breaking them in, obviously, but the sound is superb! Great detail and imaging, with a respectable low end. They might not go as low as other larger monitors or systems with a studio sub, but what they do offer is tight and punchy. Coming from Adam A7 originals with a Sub7, I was pleasantly surprised. The improved low end punch and clarity is worth the tradeoff of some sub frequencies, in my opinion. I’m still in the honeymoon phase, obviously…

As for import fees/taxes coming to Canada, I paid just under $70 CAD, and almost $20 of it was DHL’s brokerage fee. Incredibly reasonable. YMMV.

Okay. No more Egg talk. :grin:

3 Likes

This. My Ableton tutor used to work on them, this was a nightmare for me. My Eggs should arrive today, after being delayed 3 days by UPS (I hate this company).

2 Likes

If they released mini eggs, I’d be interested :cool:

Apparently there’s an EGG 100 pair!

1 Like

What’s with the EGG-citement all of a sudden? What am I missing? Massive discounts?

2 Likes

They were on sale at Gear4Music for 840€, that‘s where the sudden revival & eggcitement energy is coming from :wink:

1 Like

Aha…How much were they before?

Couple of grand.

2 Likes

please. make it stop.

I can only take so many puns.

Ok that a crazy discount!

im not aware of anything that can compete with them in the sub-1k price range

2 Likes

Bloody hell… just pulled the trigger on the Egg’s myself… anyone want to buy Adam A77x’s, T7v’s or Yamaha HS7’s in white? :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Heh ive told a friend of mine about the eggs
discount and he bought them instantly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

only thing I don’t like about the eggs is that it seems like you can’t put anything on top of the amp

1 Like

Or on top of the speakers

7 Likes

I could live with that :slight_smile:

I’ve got my interface on top of the amp.

Admittedly it’s pretty small and isn’t covering the vents but I had it all switched on all day yesterday and it didn’t get that hot. Certainly less hot than my Syntakt used to get.

2 Likes