Munro Sonic Egg monitors

did they give you cables long enough to put the amp off your desk or are they pretty short?

Looks like they got the last one, it‘s sold out now, only one „open box“ one left on there. Well done everyone :joy:

1 Like

Cables are pretty long, 3 metres I think

3 Likes

3 Likes

:sob:

1 Like

it’ll be good to hear what the cons are if any of you have anything critical to say about them…

there’s a used pair on reverb…

the irony is we’ve got an egg shortage here in California,

2 Likes

The deal was so good the I almost bought them even though I didn’t need them at all

One unit left apparently, sold as “as new”

1 Like

that’s the ‘nearly’ new open box one they have left
I wonder why the new ones cost less than the used ones

1 Like

forgot to ask did they hit you with import duties?

well this thread got scrambled, back to OT

The cables from the amp to the speaker are apparently bespoke, so might be an issue to replace (not that they’ll break, they’re thiccck as fuccck).

My office smells like rubber Jonnys now.

The 3 way frequency selector switch on the front of my amp is shit, centre position is slightly off centre and a bit difficult to feel when it’s in place.

That is all.

6 Likes

This is all helpful for people to manage their egg-spectations

3 Likes

Mine is off centre to the left as well.

1 Like

Immediately smelt that smell when I read this…

1 Like

Apologies if this was already asked but how do these compare to iLoud MTM?

Edit: sorry that was probably a stupid question, didn’t realise these are basically twice the size! I thought they were smaller. Luckily that kills the GAS as I have no room for them haha

They finally landed on my desk, so it’s Easter.
First thing : it’s huge. I didn’t expect such a large cardboard (27+ kgs !). The finish is flawless, especially the amp, very classy.
Concerning the sound, even if they’re not broken in and I haven’t finished my setup, it’s gorgeous. I won’t push the volume within several days, but I already can say they’re very natural and detailed. They don’t go really down in the bass (45hz says the manual), so maybe they won’t fit any needs, but the bass is tight. The scene is huge which I like a lot, it’s like an open window on music. Definitely a huge bargain. Those Eggs deserve their thread indeed.

2 Likes

Nope, nada. They didn’t even get a signature. I heard a thump from my front porch, went out and found a massive box on my front porch.

2 Likes

I was just curious on how much these would cost to be shipped via DHL to the US… $231! But considering how discounted they already are… :thinking:

2 Likes

This makes me happy that people are able to try out a nice pair of monitors on the cheap and are getting these ‘oh wow’ moments. I got the same ‘oh wow’ moment when I upgraded my first crappy pair of monitors to a pair of Barefoots and then I got an even bigger one when I upgraded those to my current Genelec setup. The difference can be unbelievable until you actually hear it!

2 Likes

Thats fine but the point is you have had these for like a week? It takes months and months to figure out the sound of a monitor. So I spoke to someone who has already done that and is considered one of the top mixers in his genre.

The pricepoint for them on the discount is awesome though. No doubt, but it’s still a lot of money to spend.