Mutable Instruments - Stages

:man_facepalming:

Maybe not R but G(lanced) TFM.

Sooorrryyy. I’ll go to my corner.

Thank you all the same.

2 Likes

I just copied it rather than try to explain it!
I wasn’t having a cheap shot at you!
It’s on the blurb anyway I’ve not read the manual myself! :joy::+1:t3:

1 Like

And to further my embarrassment (from the manual:

Anyway GAAASSSSS

2 Likes

Yeah the main thing here is this is particularly gassy!
Going to need a new case to house this new flood of modules from MI…
:yum:

2 Likes

Thinking this and Plaits in a 32HP with my mother will give me plenty to chew on for quite some time.

1 Like

or selling some other stuff :wink:

1 Like

It will. Und you will want more.
For clocked Lfo’s I can not praise Pamela’s new workout enough

2 Likes

I cannot start Eurocrack. Satiate my curiosity sure, but a full commitment is not an option.

You spotted that then :crazy_face::slight_smile:
I’m still packing 2xbraids, 2xgrids and 2xpeaks but can’t let any of them go, on the fence about Yarns because it has some little extras, even though I have the Hermod now (not yet racked).

Damn eurocrack

Defo! I’m interested to hear these chiptunes from Stages, I use edges for modulation too…

1 Like

I preordered… together with a Plaits at Schneiders.

1 Like

It’s a sign of how weird things get when people are obsessing about modules that they don’t even understand.

Consume!!!

3 Likes

stages is the new hype flavor in eurorack
now i have seen postings selling their voltage blocks and maths jejejejeeje some people are saying can replace batumi
i dont know sometimes people need to stick with what already have that works to not later regret

2 Likes

Its not that difficult to understand. Its a Multitool. LFO, envelopes Generator, OSC, cv Sequencer. Different function will be set depending on which Patch Points being used.

I keep my maths :slight_smile: I need its utitlities.
Just a fan of MI. I always get excited when a new module is announced

1 Like

I CAN say, these three new Mutables are the first three to even remotely tempt me… I’ve never dug the visual aesthetic or the firmware layers. That said, my case is full and I’m happy with it, so my mild interest will go nowhere for a good long while I’d imagine. Hopefully if it gets to the point where I’m seriously considering, people will already be selling them used :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the goal to always keep my skiff small.
The MI module are a bless for small racks

1 Like

In all fairness I have neither Braids nor Maths (or any other module, for that matter). If I had, I’d taken a mild interest.

I don’t have one (yet) but just wanted to drop a heads-up for a user firmware that adds a mind-boggling amount of features to Stages.

• Bipolar LFOs, steps, and holds: Toggle a segment’s polarity by holding its button and wiggling its pot
  • Very-slow and audio-rate LFOs: Change an LFO’s frequency range by holding its button and moving its slider to top, middle, or bottom
  • Re-trigger control: hold a ramp segment’s button and wiggle its pot to toggle re-trigger behavior; this allows for DUSG/Maths-style clock dividers, subharmonic generators, and more!
  • Fast and slow envelopes: Change the range of a ramp’s slider by holding its button and move the slider to top, middle, or bottom
  • Arbitrarily slow clocked LFOs and improved audio-rate clocked LFOs
  • Hold and step segment quantization: Hold button and move slider to select scale; slider transposes within key, allowing selection of mode
  • Start and end value tracking for ramp segments: This can be used as a kind of VCA or crossfader

• Random segment type: A fourth type of segment, which gives access to four different random/chaotic algorithms:
    • Uniform random CV (single, non-looping, non-gated)
    • Double-scroll attractor, a smooth chaotic system similar to the Lorenz system (single, looping, non-gated)
    • Emulation of Tom Whitwell’s Turing Machine (non-looping, gated)
    • Logistic map, a discrete chaotic system (single, looping, gated)
  • Slew with independent rise and fall times: Single, non-gated, non-looping ramp (green) segments slew with independent rise and fall: CV is target value, pot is rise, and slider is fall; this can be used as an AR envelope or an envelope follower as well
    • Unipolar and bipolar mode: applies full-wave rectification to incoming signal in unipolar mode for optimal use as an envelope follower
  • Probabilistic gates: A single, looping, gated red segment’s pot now controls its probability of firing, giving you a mini-branches (the pot used to do nothing in this case)
  • Attenuverter segments: Single, looping step (yellow) segments attenuate instead of slew. Non-looping still slew, so no functionality is lost.

Plus easy access to the harmonic oscillator Easter Egg and a mode which allows for 6 identical DAHDSRs.

5 Likes

Nice my next module :slight_smile:

1 Like