Mutable Instruments - Stages

6 Likes

You beat me to it :slight_smile:

Ok soooooo what is it? A CV generator? A Maths killer? Enlighten us, wise one :slight_smile:

I hope you mean DivKid :wink: The video will explain it all.
I’m seriously considering replacing Maths with it… It’s so new and smart and saves me 6 hp.

3 Likes

:joy: i was hoping to avoid all the "ace"s and "huh"s but fair enough

3 Likes

Ace and gorgeous :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maths is different due to the low pass gates. But man a gazillion possibilities exploded in my head while reading the Manual…

1 Like

which low pass gates?

1 Like

So it’s a kind of envelope generator with up to 6 stages (with one module) and you can select the form for each stage from a given set of preset forms.

Hmmmm …

OK, this seriously looks amazing. I don’t know about “Maths killer”, seems like there are a lot of non-overlapping functions? But the interface, layout, and visual information of Stages certainly makes it easier to understand how what you’re doing will affect the signal, so you can go from idea to reality very quickly for a number of complex modulations. So arguably it’s a more useful module than Maths, which is already considered one of the most useful modules out there. (Of course, the real answer is to have both a Maths and a Stages side by side in your setup affecting each other in crazy ways)

2 Likes

Damn, youre right, no vactrols inside. Got it confused with Optomix. Still they overlap, but i am going to keep my Maths for the moment.

And you can combine 6 Modules to one f-ing 36 Stages long envelopes generating monster.

Mutable always pack a lot of functionality into their modules, and this seems no different.
And then we have the Easter egg

1 Like

Looks to have a little overlap with voltage block.

2 Likes

I’m afraid no easter eggs anymore.
He tries a new mostly shortcut- and menuless approach with the new models

3 Likes

Smart move and I can see why, as the combination of obscure button pressing, accessing these modes is far from intuitive, and more a pain in the arse generally

1 Like

You can loop the envelope (or even several of them) so you can create up to 6 LFOs out of this, or oscillators as it reaches audiorate…
Olivier Gillet told us when demoing this that he was expecting entire tracks created from one or two of this module…
The demo was really jaw dropping.

2 Likes

I still don’t know what it is but I want it :slight_smile:

Anyway, so sorry for the maybe stupid question (I did RTFM) but can I get a clocked LFO from this?

While Plaits is a must for me (been lookin to spice up the sound of my M32) I’m still unsure bout this one. I so badly want a clocked LFO and would “help” the GAS

Thank you wise ones.

Yeah good question.
Was looking for the clock input also

I didn’t think there was something so direct but maybe some wizardry with the patching that my puny brain can’t yet see…

4A0CC2F7-95E2-4A5F-B0A7-D709AD0A7024

3 Likes