Mutes are stuck

Hi everyone,

Yesterday it seems my mutes not respond anymore. Whenever I press func i see the green lights but when i press they dont off or on.

However in purple mode tuey seem work fine. Am I missing something here?

Purple is pattern mute, green is global. If it’s muted in purple, doesn’t matter what you do in green.

1 Like

Ok thanks for info, however i Don’t think that being the problem.

ah. I see. No idea. Have you tried exiting mute mode or going in an out of chromatic mode… then back to mute mode? Does it still occur when you power down and back up?

Yeah i did I think at least. Exiting mute mode u mean going func+bank right? Yeah powered down also. Chromatic mode I should try yet I guess… Is there maybe a soft reset or something?

I cannot reproduce the issue over here. Have you tried a new project?

No not yet… How would I do that exactly?

Thx for support btw!

Gear button > Project > Load Project > Create New

BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR CURRENT PROJECT FIRST! (Function + Save Project)

3 Likes

Yeah that worked man! Thanks lot for helping me out. Just my old project keeps the problem…

But gues can do better anyways!

Thanks!!

1 Like

I didn’t take in account I would loose all my tracks in particular project. There a few worthy ones. Would I be able to save these into a new project?

You can copy patterns from one project to another. It’s one at a time though and can be tedious.

2 Likes

I’ve done this on my Octatrack. I copied full banks. I’ll have to RTFM to know if you can do it (full banks) on the DT. Either way, you’ll have to reassign samples, as samples are not copied. This would be good for you, @Shake. It will also reveal if the mute issue comes along with the banks/patterns, or if it’s related to the project.

1 Like

Arhh that will be a pain in the **** locating al those samples and copying them in the projects.

Oh well whenever I have some day off perhaps I can save my “Acid Eiffel” Retake. :slight_smile:

However I like to start from a clean slate so this is a good lesson in humbleness.

Thanks guys!!

1 Like

The samples should already be in your +drive. When I last did this, I pulled out the good ol’ pen and paper, and noted the folder (speaking octatrack… ) It’s tedious, but you’ll find a workflow. I recommend copying all the pattern / bank stuff first, then tackling sample assignments.

1 Like

Yeah. It can be rough. It’s also a lesson in, “Well, that was fun!” without necessarily thinking you’ve “lost” anything. I don’t mean to be too direct about it, as I’m sure it was %^&*ing awesome… but this mentality has saved my blood pressure, and helps me often sketch without intent. Kind of similar to how I practice sax.

1 Like

same happened to me!

I swear the first 4 times I read this it said something different…

1 Like

figured it out, mute dest INT under midi port config gotta be set

2 Likes