Muting neighbour track mutes upper track

i’m testing scenes with t2 as flex track. Everything works well. Now i added t3 as neighbour track. Now when i mute the neighbour track t3, the upper flex track t2 is ‘muted’ as well means i do not hear the sequence playing of t2 any more. Thats strange. What can i check?

The manual, because this is how neighbour tracks work :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

Seriously, do you plan to make a thread after every button you push?
You bought an expensive and rather complicated machine, that comes with an excellent manual.
Read it.

9 Likes

I do not like your answer.

3 Likes

OK, maybe i missed that to read.- I hope you can excuse that. But for this behaviour to stop the sound of the precedor maschine while muting the neighbour makes no sense. For what is it good for?

It’s meant for making longer fx chains. If you don’t want the mutes create a scene where you turn the fx of the neighbour track off.

4 Likes

a neighbor track extends the signal path. when you mute it, you are muting the signal path output. it makes perfect sense.

2 Likes

Makes sense for me too. Btw at first I was more surprised that muting the track above Neighbor one don’t do anything…

5 Likes

You could try a pickup or flex track with the SRC3 set to the track you want take audio from, though I’m not sure that you can use that like a pre-fade send as I guess it takes audio from the final output stage of the track.

It would be nice in future OT versions if they allowed for proper aux send routing.

Possible with CUE recording.

1 Like

Oh yeah that could work too.

1 Like

If only there were a book or something that contained everything you wanted to know about the octatrack, that explained everything in detail…

5 Likes

such a book exists but you may not enjoy the procurement process nor the curse which it carries…

2 Likes

And it is called the dreaded Elektronomicon, whose name shall never be uttered aloud.

6 Likes

fuck, that’s the best username I’ve ever heard

2 Likes

1 Like