Mutlitracking DT + DK into Ableton

Sorry for the basic question, but I can’t find an explicit answer on the Overbridge page or Manual.

I gather Overbridge would enable a user to multitrack all 12 channels of audio from a DT and a DK simultaneously - for the purpose of capturing a jam.

Is this possible? Is the Overhub necessary for this?

Finally, if so, is there a limit to how many Elektron devices you can multitrack into a DAW?

Thank you. :pray:

Is this possible? Is there a limit to how many Elektron devices you can multitrack into a DAW through Overbridge?

If you install the Overbridge drivers and start the OB engine program your devices should be available as AU/VST plugins in Ableton. Add one of the devices, it will behave like an instrument track with MIDI and automation. After that to capture audio you can just create additional audio tracks and select your DT/DK plugin device as input, and your chosen track (T1-T4 for DK for instance).

An extra tip is to configure you DT/DK to not send audio to the master. That way you can use the master channel pair in Ableton to capture only the FX.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

‘An extra tip is to configure you DT/DK to not send audio to the master. That way you can use the master channel pair in Ableton to capture only the FX.’

I’m still new to integrating my hardware with my DAW — so apologies if this is a bit of a simple question.

From what I gather you mean, is that on the DT+DK, I can set the audio of each individual channel to bypass the Master (and just go out their individual outs), which then would preserve the Master Pair to use to track just the FX into the DAW. (thus preserving the FX as an isolated channel of audio.

Is that what you mean?

Exactly!

See 14.5 in the DN manual. Sorry, I only have that device, but the same section should exist in the DT/DK manuals.