~my first ambient electronic album : )

6 Likes

i love the aesthetic of this and i’d love to know more about how it was made. i downloaded it but i’m afraid i didn’t pay for it, as i have literally less than zero money in the bank this week…

1 Like

omg thanks so much! I’m really flattered you liked it at all. No worries about paying for the files, I’ve totally been there.

Most of the synth sounds were novation peak and korg ms-20 (I think one song was a monologue that I owned for like a month) and an electribe esx-1 for sequencing old drumbox samples and zoom field recordings, with everything looped through a pigtronix infinity looper (which has two separate loop tracks & a nice built-in limiter). Then I just eq’d stuff and added some phase here and there in Logic.

Most of what was inspiring me at the time was learning synthesis on the Peak and downloading random Scala tuning tables to mess around with (I didn’t yet know how to play keys so I would often use tuning tables that stayed within one key.)

I ended up getting my octatrack right after I finished tracking the last song, so my next album sounds way more disjointed/loop collage-y. But I kind of miss the simpler days of just one loop pedal…

1 Like

just released the second video for this album!

in keeping with the theme of the first, it features more VHS footage of feedback-projections overlaid onto my beloved pothos plant (the inspiration & namesake of the album)