My first Digitone live set (trip hop)

My first attempt at a 30 minute live set. It’s only 12 minutes, so I need some practice, I think.

As usual, I’ve been playing around with new mastering chains, this time using mostly Tokyo Dawn Labs plugins:

• Molotok, one of Tokyo Dawn Labs’ free compressors
  • SlickEQ, their free EQ
  • ToTape6 by Air Windows, a free tape sim I’ve been using forever
  • Limiter6, the paid version of Tokyo Dawn Labs’ limiter

Thanks for watching!

The project file is available to my patrons, if you’re interested in having a look: https://www.patreon.com/posts/70781495

8 Likes

Like i said on YT, track 3 is my favorite.
Now about the 30 minutes goal reduced to 13, don’t know why it turned out this way but i had a feeling you were in a hurry of chaining the tracks quickly.

I might be wrong but maybe you didn’t “dare” to take time to let transitions between tracks breathe. That’s a first go anyway, the skills are there, the tracks are good.

Maybe i’m sayin crap but i wouldn’t mind if you let the set take it’s time to happen.

Cheers !

2 Likes

“Triphop” and Digitone rarely appear in the same sentence, but these tracks have flavor!

Btw, I can’t recommend TDR plugins enough.
You really made the tracks sound punchy and in-your-face.

1 Like

I like the sounds. But I didn’t like the transition from 82 to 93. I think it’s always hard to change the tempo this drastically while still having some kind of feeling for tempo and rhythm in the music.

I think I would have muted the drums and increased the reverb to a big cloudy texture which doesn’t give the listener any tempo indication. And from that point on transition to new pattern.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the feedback =)

1 Like

Yooo track 3 is crazy! Love it.

1 Like