Need help: Control DT & ST with midi controller

Hey! As the title already says, I would need your help setting up DT and ST to be controlled by Faderfox PC4 or the Shik N32B. All I want to do is to have immediate control of the individual channel volumes (and pan on another preset). Its 20 channels total. How would you achieve that? Thanks in advance!

With 1 midi out, 16 midi channels max.
For 20 channels, you need 2 midi controllers, or one controller with 2 midi outs, or a controller and a midi processor with several outputs like the BLOKAS MIDIHUB.

Ah thanks, so with a Behringer Bcr2000 or the new Bcr32 it should work?
I just found the Faderfox mx12 that would fit as well, right?
Sorry i don‘t really get how to control 16ch of midi twice with one device….

I can’t confirm for those devices, no time to check manuals. The BRC 2000 seems to have an OUT B indeed.

If you can route messages to 2 different midi outs, you can use up to 2x16 channels.

16 channels max per midi out.

One idea for keeping it simple in case it helps: I use ST and DT together, and with 20 tracks I often find myself layering tracks: for stereo pair or chorus-like effects on either box, or sometimes a sample plus synth with identical patterns. Or tracks might be grouped.

If there’s not a very specific purpose you have in mind for having all 20 volume controls, you could choose to address groups or pairs of tracks on the same channels in advance and then use just the one controller.

3 Likes

Oh yeah great! I will end up using pairs (layered) anyway! Thanks a lot for that!!!probably go with the Faderfox PC4 then.

1 Like

No problem!

I’ve had both DT and ST for a while, and only recently paired them up and I’m finding they complement each other extremely well, in both sound and performance control, can’t believe I didn’t do it sooner!

And in practice, for me 20 tracks means having room to fatten up a few sounds with layering. Hope the setup works well for you, I think the PC 4 will be a great and really flexible controller…

I will go with 2 Nakedboard MC24 in black. Thank you for your help and have a nice weekend!