Need help setup Elektron A4 with No Coast over CV

lol

1 Like

Cool. Look forward to the sample packs

1 Like

You may want to turn off your metronome.

4 Likes

Thanks I will try that and check other connections.

what is funny here?

It helps if you’d follow some advices :wink:

2 Likes

ok

the drone patch doesn’t override the elektron.
The volume of your 0-coast is controlled by the Dynamics circuit, which acts as a low pass gate/VCA.
By default your oscillator sound goes thru the balance and then into the dynamics, before it goes to the line out.
By default the Dynamics turns the volume to zero. That’s why you dont’t here anything, when you e.g. plug your headphones into the headphone out.
So to hear a sound, you have to open the Dynamics. This can be done in different ways.
The Contour envelope is normalized to control (open) the Dynamics. So if you send a gate e.g. by the A4 to the Contour, the envelope is triggered and opens the Dynamics section (turns up the volume) according to its Attack, Sustain, Decay settings.
If you don’t send a gate to the Contour you’ll hear nothing.
However the “basic drone patch” is another way to open the Dynamics.
You take the right output of the voltage math and put it into the the Dynamic CV input.
By manually turning the Attenuverter of the Voltage Math to the right, you send a voltage offset that opens your Dynamics. It turns up the volume constantly (Drone) until you turn back the attenuverter to the left.

Conclusion: If you have your Dynamics opened by the drone patch, there is constant sound, that won’t disappear by stopping the Elektrons. It only stops if you remove this cable or if you turn the attenuverter of the Voltage Math to 12 o’clock or lower

I hope you read my post this time :wink:

5 Likes