New Album - FOSSILS (Experimental/Noise/Industrial)

Been going through my hard drive lately and decided that it was time for some of my more esoteric tracks to see a bit of daylight. A lot of it is very different to what you’d usually expect from me, quite a few of you won’t really like it very much, but that’s fine.

Most of the tracks on here have been hanging about for a year or so, a lot of it was done with my modular, some of it I don’t even remember making.

I’d clearly been listening to a lot of Throbbing Gristle and such when recording most of this.

20 Likes

Nice one Skip!
And a lovely shot of the Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power station to boot!
Love TB so will be purchasing in a bit.
,:pray:

2 Likes

You’ve got a good eye for power stations.

Thanks for listening.

1 Like

Don’t get me started…

2 Likes

Proper Monday morning music, great stuff.

1 Like

Cheers, thanks for listening.

1 Like

Really like the artwork!
Congrats, will have a listen later

2 Likes

Thanks, it was one of those things where you see something and just have to pull over and take a picture of it.

1 Like

Bloody fantastic.

1 Like

Cheers.

Thanks for listening.

1 Like

Finally could have a proper listen.
My favorite tracks are Cosmix 2, New clip and Fossil 2.
I really love your tracks, that are more on the atmospheric, drony side with a touch of ambient.
While the whole album is super rich in interesting, unique sounds, and while I also appreciate those sounds that are rather brutal and distorted, some of the tracks were a bit too raw (minimal) for me, to really keep attention high. Still the atmosphere is unique and consistent throughout the whole album. I really think you sound different to most of the stuff I find here, guess you developed your own voice, which is probably a goal for most of us.
Really enjoyed the experience, liked some tracks more than others.
Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and general positivity.

I guess this album is kinda like a rarities and b-sides kind of a thing. There’s a few tracks on there that are barely at the level of being a demo, but I put them on there anyway because I like them. Probably pretty self-indulgent really, as it would be a lot “better” as an album if I cut about 5 tracks out of it.

Mostly for people who think incesticide is Nirvana’s best album, really.

1 Like

I can totally relate to that. I also have a relationship to some of my tracks that still have demo character, but I‘m often inclined to put them out as they are, cause I just like listening to them.
Cutting stuff out is always hard

1 Like