New Digitakt machine predictions

i think some kind of tetris and pong machines would be super fun :slight_smile: like real games onthe screen that might be tied with sounds from the project :smiley:

Ma(s)chine+ - Load up last generation VST plugins with questionable stability and performance.

7 Likes

Alright, I think this thread got a little sidetracked. Admins, feel free to lock it down. :blush:

Oh yes this please! Combine it with single cycle waveform samples

Live looper machine would be great (it won’t happen sadly)

4 Likes

All this, ability to play samples from drive and more please in the new 16 track stereo DT mkII

1 Like

I’ve given this a lot of thought:

• Washing machine - will wash your clothes while you make beats
  • Answering machine - connect your phone to the Digitakt, let it answer calls and then your can totally WERP them
  • Speculation machine - generates responses to this thread and about 30% of the others lately :wink:
10 Likes

Digitakt Midi machines

Euclidean beats
Funky bass line generator
Hot pop melody generator
CC automation LFO/function generator
Listen to selected audio track and output pitch to midi

Send to midi out or internal track

4 Likes

This.

Or a paraphonic sampler machine called PARAFON :wink: (assuming that the DT does not have enough processing power for a true polyphonic sampler per track)

1 Like

the lowph you are trying to reach is currently unavailable and cannot come to the phone, please leave your message at the werp.

WERP

1 Like

Time Machine

Reverts the DT back to OS 1.0, so it can only do a third of what it does at the present time.

8 Likes

I suggest a Lazy Chop Machine LCM. 16 editable chops (with zoom function) you play in via the step buttons. As you do on an MPC.

1 Like

• REMX Machine
live resampling of internal tracks, input or output
(Octatrack vibes)

• FM/AM Machine
Chose a track which modulates the frequency or amplitude of current track (Assimil8or vibes)

•THRU Machine
Run the input or internal tracks through a track for filtering, Sample reduction etc.

10 Likes

Plus one for a THRU Machine

Like a Plockable Digital Heat with SRR🤩

1 Like

I think I read a thread where one of the designers explicitly said that unlike the digitone, the inputs on DT only connect to the sample recorder, since it’s not physically connected to the tracks this is impossible from a hardware standpoint :confused:

2 Likes

It seems that with this update, Elektron has managed to increase the GAS significantly for Digitakt owner towards the Octatrack.
Many (most?) of the requests are basic functions of the OT.

4 Likes

to be fair, I think a lot of what people want are various mpc functions.

just octatrack is about the closest you’re going to get to that from elektron hardware, not to say that in certain ways octatrack doesn’t have some functions superior to mpc family machines but the mpc workflow is pretty well established and useful for composition, just like digitakt is useful for composition - even octatrack owners of several years who swear by the machine will still say they don’t really use it for, or don’t like to use it for composition. so there’s that.

Yes that’s true. Even I don’t use often the OT for compositions but for more playing as an instrument.

I said that because of all the request I see for flex/thru machine, live resampling, being able to modify the beginning and end of slices, even neighbours machines or stereo samples using 2 tracks, etc. Which is basically more or less asking to transform the Digitakt into an OT which is logical coming from people who are already into the elektron’s workflow.

Never got my hands on an mpc and I don’t feel the need to have one but I would certainly like to try one day.

Until compactflash has been replaced I’m not going near an OT.

And I personally prefer the build and size of Digis.

Mangler machine
Up to 64 slices that get reordered and flipped

Parameters:

• slice count parameter
  • reorder parameter defines how many slices get reordered: every other, every two, every third, every fourth, random
  • flip slice parameter can choose how and if slices are flipped: vertically, horizontally, or both
  • flip has second parameter similar to reorder but for flip
  • tune parameter
  • play direction parameter
1 Like