New Digitakt machine predictions

Turing machine (aka shift register sequencer)?

2 Likes

Ex machine

An AI creation that is self aware, she eventually tries to seduce you and kill you for her freedom.

4 Likes

its honestly pretty odd they didnt upgrade to SD when they came out with MKII. It tells me that they really have no idea how to improve the OT, other than cosmetic.

I got it.

2 Likes

Barba Ex Machine - Trims your beard to the beat.

1 Like

ATM MACHINE - continues to appreciate in value and then spits cash back out at you every time the device value reaches a certain threshold.

1 Like

…yesterday the dt was an easy one shot sampler…today it’s even an easy loopslice mangler with quick n dirty stretch options and fluent bit reduction…
but some people always want more right away, anyways, instead of really exploring all the new options u got at hand now…

while still not getting the advantage of strict mono punch, instead asking for stereo functions and grainsplicing…again and again…never happy, never satisfied, since they spent more time on further demanding, net surfing and “making their mind up for more”, instead of actually using what they got and finally start to get out of their overblown 4bar looptraps to achieve more for real…

no next new machines will do that trick for us…and takt just got a final and pretty unexpeted push to make it a still easy but next level no brainer instrument…as it actually is.

stop wetdreamin’, start workin’…

8 Likes

CONTROL 8 PARAMETERS “CTR-8P”like in

:slight_smile:

1 Like

ok does anyone know what controller he’s using at the 21 sec mark, looks like a monome with faders?

I would say, AKAI APC 40

2 Likes

I don’t think this applies anymore: Since 1.30 external input is available to the sampler but also routed to the mixer and you can add reverb / delay to it.

Instead of routing it to the mixer, it would be awesome to route it to an existing track with an “external stereo thru machine“, including filter, overdrive, srr etc. All p-lockable with the sequencer of course.

2 Likes

That’s really a great thing, I don’t know how I missed that. thanks for letting me know

really!.. oh maybe that’s the mini huh, weird the pads look smaller in the vid, thanks

1 Like

My bad, you are right. The APC 40 has knobs

What colour is envy? I didnt have one but always wanted one. The add was so cool with kids sliding them everywhere. Drift like. Just thought id share… cheers.

1 Like

Well mine was a hand me down and beat to shit with those hard plastic wheels nearly worn through but still could do mad spins and never not had scabs on my elbows and knees always needing to explain to the pediatrician that it was due to the “green machine”.

The only thing really missing to the DT right now is the adjustable slice size.
Stereo is not a subject, instruments source are always mono and it’s the DT with FX and panning that make the track stereo.
Looping, thru, etc are features for performance sampler, so basically, get an OT.
Adjustable slices size is a creative tool that would fit perfectly in the DT.

Maybe some Midi machines can be really fun and creative now we can sample perfect loop. Just add the pre roll bar counter before sampling start instead of threshold for synth loop midi capture.

1 Like

Well, I respectfully and totally disagree with you there. Sampling a synth pad with a massive chorus just isn’t the same when summing to mono and concealing it with panning.

3 Likes

Yeah, you right. I was thinking about sampling things like guitar, bass, piano, drums, or any other acoustic instruments. Some synth have indeed stereo and for this case only stereo sampling can be handy. This may be a lot of work to implement stereo sampling for some rare case where the user have a stereo synth and want to sample the wet sound.

1 Like

I just hope they move the Bit Rate to the second filter page with Sample rate

I imagine they could do a lot to existing machines or new ones with another slot for a separate parameter.
Like adding a slice start parameter to the slice machine

6 Likes