New Digitakt machine predictions

Akai apc20 is what he’s using.

But what does this have to do with digitakt?

The current machines are a streamlined lfo workarounds, so in that vain it only make sense to continue with some granular

3 Likes

it might make a good additional controller

I share your point of view. Since the addition of the slice feature, the DT could also be useful to sample some old funk/jazz [stereo] record. There’s no point in building a mk2 for adding stereophony.

The feature that I’m missing the most with the currrent DT that cannot be changed with an update is extra routing for fx inserts.

Try to listen only L then only R. One side sound better than another for what you want to sample. Don’t forget the instuments used in the record was mono for the most part. Try to capture the best side is more precise and clean than sample the whole stereo.

2 Likes

But you can monitor them through the master mixer and add reverb and delay?

@rtme said that’s one of the updates that was made in 1.30, that the inputs were connected to the mixer. I haven’t tried it since then but I have no reason to doubt that it’s true, I just knew that when I looked into it prior to that point it was not possible. I think you could give it a go and confirm that it works.

1 Like

It will work: Digitakt OS Upgrade: External Input Mixer - YouTube

1 Like

I’ve just been sending audio out of dt into dn and monitoring from there but I guess I should start sending audio back into dt from the external mixer so everything goes through dt’s compressor. super neat

How about a finished, mixed, and mastered track machine? You select the genre, it connects to a new music creation AI platform which is Transfer integrated. Royalty free up to ten tracks per month. It even posts it for you on all music media platforms. With the class compliant “Gig-Spigot” adapter, you can connect it to 10 Gigabit fiber, so your stems are backed up in the “cloud”.

3 Likes

I want a DT2 machine

1 Like

you sure it’s not the APC Mini mk2 Ableton Live Controller | Akai Pro

It’s for sure a 1st generation APC Mini.
No doubt about this anymore, just need to compares buttons and pads.
I was wrong on my first answer with APC40 but here you definitely see …

https://www.akaipro.com/apc-mini