New Digitakt on the way..much excite

Hi Elektronauts,

I finally did it. About to be part of the Elektron family.

After watching countless vids and trawling this site, a brand new Digitakt is on its way. I’m 52yo and as excited as a small child, looking forward to the expected fun of making music again that I’m hoping this machine will bring.

I’m sure I’ll be back here with questions :slight_smile:

PS. Also ordered a Hydrasynth desktop to replace my non-repairable Virus C desktop, which will hopefully pair well with the Digitakt

33 Likes

The digitakt is awesome…I hope you appreciate what it offers as much as I did!

Imo, the DT is the ultimate meditative musical tool. I’ve never before or since felt that sense of unwinding when working with a piece of gear as I did with the Digitakt. I hope you feel the same when it arrives

6 Likes

The DT is easily my favorite of all the Elektrons I’ve owned. And pretty much any synth goes well with it. You can easily sample your own Hydrasynth patches and layer them together through resampling in the DT so the sound sculpting possibilities are pretty endless. Enjoy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats man!!! You’re gonna love it!

1 Like

You are standing on the edge of a precipice and you’re about to jump off. It’s deep. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Congratulations! That pairing will bring you much joy.

2 Likes

Pretty fun device - deeper than you expect.

2 Likes

haha didnt think I could be more excited but these replies have done that. Cheers. Hurry up post people

1 Like

One of the best sequencers on the market you’ll love it!

1 Like

It’s such a joy to set up a digitakt, a midi cable, run a external synth to it’s inputs and be able to monitor both devices without a mixer with a headphones and even record the whole mix thru usb to your tablet or smartphone. Small setup but very rewarding. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Its here and I am in love already. So great to make semi decent sounding electronic music away from a damn computer which I sit in front of all day.

Apart from the performance options, I am quite surprised by and love the creative sound design possibilities besides just playing samples available in such a tiny box. Made a weird sounding pad from a clap sample by getting granular and then lfo through the sample and the filter. Add reverb and delay and woo! Fun times ahead.

and its sound quality really surprised me too. eyes off a Digitone

7 Likes

Awesome, enjoy the ride :slight_smile:
Still my favorite instrument!

3 Likes

The great thing about music, never too old to learn a new instrument or style.

Hope you get any of enjoyment out of it!

3 Likes

Been rinsing your videos Dave. Thanks for spreading the knowledge good man

2 Likes

Nice one mate. It really is a great bit of kit.

1 Like

The DT is massively overrated, but you can make music on it just fine.

:joy::rofl: I needed a good laugh today!
@MichalHo

2 Likes

Congrats! The Digitakt is an easy and at the same time deep machine to play with. It will surely pair perfectly with the Hydrasynth. Enjoy this two beasts!

1 Like

My pleasure! :v: