New Elektron modules

Hi,

I think that Elektron should repack parts of their best developements to create new machines.

Examples ?

• A simple midi sequencer based on OT sequencer (or half) to sequence other gear and with multiple midi outs. A 4track for example.
  • A simple monophonic expander based on 1/4 A4 with its effects (reverb, chorus, delay).
  • A simple effect processor based on OT effects with midi sync & plocks.
  • Etc…

No new developments needed, no NRCs. Only repacks. S/W Updates of the parent machines could be shared with new modules.

Idealy, these modules would be half packaged: Same height but half width.

Of course, it’s my point of view and maybe Elektron think that this kind of modules would compete their own products by allowing competitor’s machines to be sequenced by a 4track (for ex).

But I’m sure that the market need it.

PGN, let them catch their breath!!!

Let them finish there existing machines before starting new ones, no?

More machines, now!

I need something new to spend my money on.

Only sequencer would be nice

@Mihajlo Ah you understand me my friend. No extra efforts needed. Only repacks of what was ever designed.

They can make such complicated machines, so i think they can make literally anything that would fit everybodys pocket.

Imagine MFB 522-sized analog four with one trak and cv :slight_smile:

Its not something i want, just my imagination. :slight_smile:

I would like to see Elektron bring out some more stripped down versions of their gear. There is enough hype about Elektron at this point that if they could do a sub $500 device it would probably sell very well…maybe the Analog One? But I’m in no rush to see it happen until they catch up with the current demand and workload and can give some update TLC to their existing gear…in fact, I’m a bit wary of investing more money into their stuff until I see this happening. I’d much rather not see a new product from them until 2016 and have all the kinks worked out in the meantime.

I also don’t think it’s going to happen. If they left midi sequencing out of the Analog line so you would have to buy an Octatrack, I can’t imagine they would release simpler versions that would fill in the gaps. If you want the milk, you have to buy the cow.

i read thread title as: New Elektron Modular

:joy:

eurorack version of one of the analog four voices would not be crazy IMO and would probably sell like hotcakes.

All the cool guys are doing it!!! And it would be very sexy in a brushed black steel with the regular red/white/grey elektron logo interface elements

this sequencer is said to be heavily A4/elektron influenced http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/05/26/audio-damage-intros-sequencer-1-for-eurorack-modular-synthesizers/

i’m just drooling thinking of tasty physical controls for filter/res and the multiple LFOs and oscillator tuning etc a la make noise DPO/furthrr generator/kilpatrick k3020

my idea is better, loads of analogue modular machines housed in an elektron box, being able to cross link them all

DO EEEET

neuro biological interface, low in latency …

… hook up directly through twitter and the elektron forum to play tunes with your friends online.

plockable microphones for old school analog enthusiats who dont like the neuronet approach mentioned above.

also, online tutorials from cenk to appear as a 3d hologram in your bedroom production studio, with motoric gloves controlling your hands.

I love Cenk dearly & I mean no disrespect but if I’m gonna have a 3D hologram in my bedroom I’m afraid it isn’t going to be him!!!
:sob: :joy: :wink:

I love Cenk dearly & I mean no disrespect but if I’m gonna have a 3D hologram in my bedroom I’m afraid it isn’t going to be him!!!
:sob: :joy: :wink:
[/quote]
How about (Miss) Dataline then? If we put on some make-up and dress him up?

:kiss:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

^ yeah that could swing it! :slight_smile:

:+1:

Preferences:
Barbarella, Princess Leia, Lara Croft or Trinity?

Trinity or Lara Croft, what a dilemma!
You know when Cenk reads this he’s gonna have kittens! He’ll probably never speak to me again :slight_smile:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Question is if he´ll speak to me again…

:slight_smile:

hehheheh … we guys are funny bunch of knob turners and fader pushers!

Although I haven’t taken one apart, I imagine that each device is very tightly integrated with surface-mount analogue and digital chips on a custom PCB.

The cost savings of removing some of the hardware would probably be cancelled out by the PCB redesign, manufacturing setup and testing needed - it’d probably only be economically viable at far higher sales volumes than a company the size of Elektron could achieve.