New Eventide H90 pedal

If you buy a used h9 core from someone who has it maxed out is it a hassle to keep it that way?

Price is not the point in this forum. At least if it is below 2.500 $, ā‚¬ etc. per device :sweat_smile:

And I would expect that most pedal maniacs have already spent much more to get really good sounding, high quality FX.
So I think itā€™s more the question ā€œMany knobs on several pedals vs. some knobs on H90?ā€ or ā€œbetter usability / UI?ā€

Edit: A comparison between Meris LVX and H90 could be interesting.

Iā€™ll tell you the truth: price is the point
otherwise we werenā€™t here to argue and we would all have bought it already

Didnā€™t you preorder it? :wink:

Look at the current OP-1 field, Perkons HD-01, Syntrix postings.

Kind of. Youā€™ll need to associate it with your phone/pad to operate it with any kind of ease, and of course you could arrange something with the previous owner who would have to keep the pedal registered with Eventide in their name, but it would not be the clean transfer of ownership you might otherwise want.

Iā€™d gladly offload my Space and TimeFactor for this, if it can match themā€¦

5 Likes

Thinking the same about my Space and TimeFactor.

Was thinking about to buy a used space and time factor, but nowā€¦

2 Likes

I think it would be a nice complement to the other boxes. Iā€™d be looking to keeping the Space and adding the H90 giving more flexibility and freeing up the H90 for other duties.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s how Iā€™ve pronounced it for years like it has two Ts in there. On reflection ā€œEven-tideā€ makes much more sense!

1 Like

Itā€™s easier to figure out how to pronounce Eventide when you realize that the word is an archaic synonym for evening, so it has a well-established pronunciation.

6 Likes

As for the price, Iā€™ll just note that in the USA, at least, the price of the H9 Max has quietly decreased from $699 to $599.

I think itā€™s not quite that simple.

If you have an H9 or H9 Core, you can ā€œMax it outā€ for a charge. Once you have done that, it becomes an H9 Max.

However, if you have an H9 or H9 Core, and you donā€™t max it out, it will still behave like an H9 Max if it is registered to an Eventide account that has at least one H9 Max also registered to it. However, in that case, if you sell it, and it is registered to a different account, it takes on the properties associated with its new account.

This new oven toad looks pretty slick.

4 Likes

Yes, I assumed he meant the second alternative since the first poses no problem.

Iā€™m in the camp of definitely curious about this one and wondering whether I can/should be selling some stuff off to afford itā€¦ anyway, Iā€™m just about to watch thisā€¦ weā€™ll see if it tips me over the edgeā€¦

3 Likes

Dont have the time to watch the videos and think about this thing. Just wanted to say that this is a very nice teaser video!

12 Likes

I think I will need to sell my H9, but do you know if I can sell also all my algos?

Considering this as well. On the other hand, I got these pedal for the knobs, so not sure.