New Forum platform please

First off, I really appreciate Elektron providing this forum, etc. Although I’m a fan of their gear, this forum, since it’s launch, is not very usable. It definitely wins in terms of look - very clean (almost too clean) and neat.

The biggest use of a gear forum like this, to me, is searchability. If you search on any work, the result set ends-up being all the separate responses from potentially only one topic. Why can’t that be condensed? Or say I want to search the marketplace to buy someone’s gear - nearly impossible.

So far, I’ve found the Muff Wigglers forum to be the best at searching for an answer on a topic or if I’m looking for piece of gear to buy. I imagine you could re-skin that platform’s interface, but honestly I need something more usable.

no doubt, … but you’ve been a member longer than me and you’ve managed 10 posts - it’s hardly a compelling mandate to complain wadr
googling the forum works a treat btw and people do get by - there’s a lot that would merit improvement, but none of it has been forthcoming, so it’s best to make it a success as it is by contributing rather than telling us what’s wrong about it from your perspective - it’s primarily here to allow Elektron users (established/new and potential) to help each other out and discuss ideas/issues

anyway - i thought this might have been a shout out for a new sub-forum - something i’d been pondering (as my queries fall on deaf ears on muffs) any point in there being a DIY(hard/soft) sub-forum here given that there’s next to no prospect of tinkering with the swedish boxes
certainly a sub-forum i’d like to browse/contribute to fwiw

as you were …

the search function sucks ass… true that… but the google:site thing kinda is a workaround…
if this forum would be a bit faster and had an option to hide sub forums from the main page, I d be very happy …
plus larger file size picture uploads

I chime in. I too find it difficult to get useful search results.

And speed was mentioned. I think, to me, speed is equally important.

And dedicated mobile browsing, posting, editing. To be honest I do most browsing more and more on mobile.

It would be super cool if you upgraded the server/ forum platform to something much, much faster, better search, better mobile formatting.

I like the new Elektron.se site btw. I suspect we might see a forum overhaul in the lines of the main site at some point…