New Hi Hat Machines

Do you think there will be any new machines for the hi hats? Its the only sound that is a bit of a let down for me, everything else sound frickin amazing.

I just can’t stop banging those kicks and bass toms, so nice.

I hope not, as I’m eagerly awaiting seeing ihatederekreed eat his AR.

i like the hihats better meanwhile. to shape some variations with the lfo at high speed is fun.
but yeah, i am really curious if elektron has left some tricks in the bag for new machines. I dont expect too much. maybe some general purpose percussion machines that give deep control of every controllable param in any range.
for more versatility I suppose there might rather come some dsp stuff per track. a frequency shifter, eq, ringmod, … and of course the noise generator, being digital, could get new forms too.

Wink

groundhog day
:astonished:
groundhog day
groundhog day
GROUNDHOG DAY

:joy: @Accent

On yopic

What do you guys hope they might add?

there are a few quirks.
foremost I’d like to see stuff u dont have a workaround.
for example: pads had some complaints (responsiveness) but u can hook up another pad controller easily.

1. more analog machines (exploit that nice hardware!)
  2. sample based machines
  3. more modulation per track. better envelope solution. 2nd LFO
  4. more fx per track: eq, dsp stuff, …
  5. sequencer frenzy, ideas like: record pattern juggling to a new pattern, set inner-loops (lock Scale params in Scene)
    and a ferrari for christmas :wink:

what would you prefer to see?

I hope they add some basic machines, like noise, FM, sine with some fun sculpting options geared towards things like basslines/fx. Like the gnd machines on the MD. And a tom machine that goes twice as high.

seems like you all just want an MDUW
just teasing
I will wait at least the end of the yr and new machines until I consider the Ar

[quote="“amiga303"”]

there are a few quirks.
foremost I’d like to see stuff u dont have a workaround.
for example: pads had some complaints (responsiveness) but u can hook up another pad controller easily.

1. more analog machines (exploit that nice hardware!)
  2. sample based machines
  3. more modulation per track. better envelope solution. 2nd LFO
  4. more fx per track: eq, dsp stuff, …
  5. sequencer frenzy, ideas like: record pattern juggling to a new pattern, set inner-loops (lock Scale params in Scene)
    and a ferrari for christmas :wink:

what would you prefer to see?[/quote]
don’t have one …yet…said I wont till the octa sees some progress
don’t need one, though would like one
following the development with great interest
and reading the feature requests gives me a better idea of where I might run into walls
and so far its obvious to me that the basic drum synths engines, single lfo and no dedicated env for the samples are some things that would bug me. so if they see development I will be happier to buy one.

Oh I just read a thread exactly like this one, sorry about that perhaps I’ll start using the search one day

I want a MD UW with the AR interface. Love the playability of the AR. But I find analog percussion boring. I feel like all AR users are playing with the same very small scope of sounds. My MD is back in the prime spot in my studio because it can do so much more sonically than the AR. I think the combination hi pass low pass with Q filter on the MD is far superior to the single multimode filter on the AR. I almost always trim off some low end freqs AND do a bit of low pass filtering with Q on my percussion sounds on the MD. With the AR you have to commit to a single filter type. I hate that.

My AR is boxed up ready for Ebay. But I’m gonna sit on it till the end of the year and see what Elektron do with it. I still have high hopes for it. The interface is really exactly what I want in a drum machine. (as long as they get the recording retrigs sorted out right) But the sonic shaping possibilities are just not there yet IMHO.

Praying to the Elektron gods for a MD UW MKIII. With AR interface, CTRL All machines, 24 bit audio, and AR or OT like sample management.

That seems like a tremendous stretch, but i don’t really know.

I for one totally love the analog percussion!

It sounds great and offers quite a wide range of sounds (samples aside).

It sure does not lock you into the same-old 808 territory that e.g. the TR-8 offers.

Ok, different price range but still, I am very pleased sound-wise.

What really bugs me is that the firmware is not finished, yet.

MIDI record and playback of pattern changes you make on the AR should just work!

an analog drum synth is a rare gem. its not about getting instant rave sounds.

My MD is back in the prime spot in my studio because it can do so much more sonically than the AR. […]
But the sonic shaping possibilities are just not there yet IMHO.

MD has 100+ machines? thats awesome. dont have a MD, certainly its a beast. elektron will release some more machines for AR. wild guess: 10 more in 1 year.
to build the same as the AR with a modular synth u’d spend 5’000-10’000 bucks on all kinds of modules, I suppose. I might be wrong, I’d like to hear more qualified opinions than mine. I am sure enough the hardware inside is capable of much more. I doubt every analog component is digitally controllable though. cause its really hard to do afaik (jomox sunsyn interview). just dont underestimate how crazy this machine is already.

I think the combination hi pass low pass with Q filter on the MD is far superior to the single multimode filter on the AR. I almost always trim off some low end freqs AND do a bit of low pass filtering with Q on my percussion sounds on the MD.

+1. I really hope they add a EQ per track. or that MD thing as u say.

there was another thread somewhere where someone noticed a screen shot from the rytm manual that showed a machine that isnt currently available so my guess is there will be new ones in the future

where´s the vactrol-based machines? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/new-machines/6423/54143
there is a audio demo link too

…I’m listening???