New home for my md:)

was a bit bored this morning so thought i would build my md a new home :slight_smile:

its a bit rough n ready and not exactly the fanciest wood, but I’m a firm believer in use what you have hehe, cheers :slight_smile:

Really nice!

Nice work. I like your design especially because the MD can slip in or out, without having to use mounting screws (dangerous and inconvenient for those of us who like to use our gear in various spots). You could always use what you’ve made as a template, if you ever decide to upgrade materials.

I made these end cheecks last summer, and I like them, but I am always wishing that I could just slip them off my machines for couch sessions.

cheers , yeah its the exact reason, i do enjoy a wee sess on the couch with the dt770’s :slight_smile: i do like the acrylic panels though, tasty stuff!

last pic

wish i used something other than a gloss though , another coat needed and another 24hrs to dry! ooooof

thanks for sharing the pics… I found this nteresting because this the closest I have seen to the idea I have in my head for a stand for my OT. After seeing the other threads about damage from mounting screws, I decided that I’ll avoid putting screws into the machine unless I decide to shell out for the official rack kit.

cool :slight_smile: glad its of use to you, also it was a very cheap project , couldn’t have cost any more than 2€ hehe

cheers

good job! looks nice and VERY practiable … i order 4 :wink:

hahah cheers, if i had the proper skills/tools i would love to be doing this thing more often, 20 minute job took me around 3 hrs lol as you can see all the wrong drill holes etc etc! still i’m thinking about doing one for my microbrute :slight_smile: could be good

Diggin the woodwork. Reminds me of Bob Villa on This Old House back in the 80’s :wink:

cheers :slight_smile:

seriously last shot now :stuck_out_tongue:

heart heart love … one day i will ask you for the exact measures (in cm) and angles

no problem there mate, tell you how i got the right angles for my self was i sat at my desk with a piece of paper and folded it against the side of the md to find the right angles, then used it as a template, a bit like making a paper airplane :stuck_out_tongue: would be wise to try that for yourself, the rest was pretty strait forward, apart from drilling in the wrong places :stuck_out_tongue:

Very nice work man :slight_smile:

Good idea and nice work !

Here is my solution …