New, knobby SID synth

I assume that’s possible, but don’t know.

BTW, I like how it’s possible to use step mod rate as an LFO destination. :alien:

Looks like the chip included version is sold out.

Why would anyone order the chip version when you can find chips for about $25? I’d buy myself the chipless version, and save myself about $75.

I bougt the ay3 some weeks ago, funny little machine with crazy sound, better interface would be cool, but love it…
It is DIY manufactured, so do not expect full aluminum case etc…

I’d rather not run the risk of buying a fake: http://kevtris.org/Projects/sid/remarked_sids.html
I bought this with the chip earlier this week - can’t wait for delivery!!

Yeah I’m happy to pay a little extra for an authentic and tested chip.

How long was turnaround time from your order? The AY3 also looks good. I almost bundled it with the therapSID, but sub 37’s are beginning to ship to retailers.

I asked Alex about when they’d ship and was told about 15 days.

There is a small restock of 15 additional units. Get them while you can people.

I bought myself one with the chip, sure it’s possible I could have saved a few $$ and supplied my own, but I make music these days and can’t be bothered testing chips and tracking down a proper SID chip. Too many fakes and dead or damaged chips out there. Plus the original 6581 is very susceptible to static damage. Easier to not take any risks.

I hope the first person to receive the unit posts here with impressions, sound demos, pictures, video; anything to make the wait easier(?) for the rest of us.

took roughly 1-2 weeks, was actually quite fast and no import tax - I am happy…

Awesome! Would love to hear some impressions.
I ordered mine pretty much exactly 2 weeks ago, and I haven’t heard anything about my order except for the receipt I got.
Did you get any updates on your order when it was shipped etc, or did it just arrive one day?

Anyone get theirs yet? I ordered mine on 09/23 and am still waiting. Does the seller send a shipping confirmation receipt or will it just get to the destination?

Still waiting for news/shipment here too. Ordered on the 23/09.

Stupidly excited!

:slight_smile:

Looks pretty cool. Sounds like the real deal. If it’s an updated chip, perhaps it’s latency free this time?
Where are these guys from, btw?

I ordered mine on the 23rd as well, so I guess it’s a race to see who gets it first! :wink:
Hi cuckoo! I’m a big fan of your videos!
They are from France from what I have gathered. It says all units are hand made and tested in France on their website at least.

I ordered the 22nd. Haven’t gotten any status updates since, but I read on the page expected shipment is 15 days after ordering, since they are practically made on order. But who knows. Still patient here, though wouldn’t mind if it suddenly showed up out of the blue. :wink:

Just got an email from Alex, he should be shipping some units by the end of the week. He told me I’ll get a tracking number once mine ships.

:+1: