New MD. All new kits and patterns gone after turning it on

I just got a brand new MD (non-UW) and I’m really liking it but today when I turned it on, all the new patterns and kits I create are gone.

It’s as though the MD went trough a factory reset. Is this a known bug?

I did a search on the issue and I found few instances where people had lost data but all of them went though MD locking up or crashing before they lost their data.

Mine didn’t crash at all since I got it few weeks ago. I just turn it on and after it booted, I noticed that all of the new patterns and kits I create were gone.

Save.
The key word :slight_smile:

Did you ?

No. I wasn’t expecting this to happen to a new machine. Not a big deal since I only had it for few weeks, I didn’t have much new material created. I just want to make sure this isn’t a known bug.

Even though it’s a pain in the ass using the C6 app, I’m going to be using it more often now to save.

Pattern data (i.e. trigs, P-locks) is stored immediately, no saving needed nor possible.
Kits have to be saved.
Maybe your patterns are still there and you just forgot to save the kits ?

No. I wasn’t expecting this to happen to a new machine. Not a big deal since I only had it for few weeks, I didn’t have much new material created. I just want to make sure this isn’t a known bug.

Even though it’s a pain in the ass using the C6 app, I’m going to be using it more often now to save.[/quote]
Yeah, that happened to me once or twice the first week.
After that it’s pretty much muscle memory.
the C6 app, MAY seem like a pain in the ass. For me the C6 app, was like a stupid piece of paper that needed a special pen with special ink to write or draw over and after that you couldn’t write more than 3 letters without refilling.
THEN, I just decided to just drag and drop and connect the midi interface with turbo off and just let it all go.
It’s the beginner stress state. You’ll be fine. SAVE SAVE SAVE.

Unfortuanately no. It’s all gone.

I definately did save them since I’ve been turning the machine off after it’s use and the kits and patterns were there when I turned it back on the next day.

Even though it’s a pain in the ass using the C6 app, I’m going to be using it more often now to save.[/quote]
Yeah, that happened to me once or twice the first week.
After that it’s pretty much muscle memory.
the C6 app, MAY seem like a pain in the ass. For me the C6 app, was like a stupid piece of paper that needed a special pen with special ink to write or draw over and after that you couldn’t write more than 3 letters without refilling.
THEN, I just decided to just drag and drop and connect the midi interface with turbo off and just let it all go.
It’s the beginner stress state. You’ll be fine. SAVE SAVE SAVE. [/quote]
Yeh it looks like that’s what I 'm going to have to do. Save save and save again.

the way you’re describing what happened, i’m wondering if you might have loaded another snapshot and not saved the first one.

i understand you may not know, and in any case there are a few things to learn about md file management when you’re first getting started that can cause some frustration. to avoid at least some of these inadvertent issues, i recommend going into the global menu and choosing any snapshot besides the first one (which can get overwritten in some cases depending on your settings). work exclusively in that other snapshot for the moment, and read up on snapshot settings in the manual section on globals before you change it.

the way you’re describing what happened, i’m wondering if you might have loaded another snapshot and not saved the first one.

i understand you may not know, and in any case there are a few things to learn about md file management when you’re first getting started that can cause some frustration. to avoid at least some of these inadvertent issues, i recommend going into the global menu and choosing any snapshot besides the first one (which can get overwritten in some cases depending on your settings). work exclusively in that other snapshot for the moment, and read up on snapshot settings in the manual section on globals before you change it. [/quote]

This is a non UW MD so I only have one snap shot to work with.

Sorry to hear about the loss.

If the MD is new as in “made in 2015/2016”, it probably has a plus-drive like Dubathonic mentioned. If so, there are snapshots and you might have reloaded a blank one.

If the MD is new to you but was made several years ago, it may or may not have a plus drive, depending on when it was made and whether the previous owner paid extra to get one installed after the fact.

The UW part is separate.

Hope this helps.

It’s brand new. I just got it two weeks ago when Elektron drop the prices. According to the specs listed on the Elektron site, it does not have a plus drive. Only the UW version does.

And I don’t see any places in the menus that shows any plus drive options.

Thanks all for trying to help.

I think it may be a obscure bug. Hopefully it’s not the hardware being flaky.

I just need to save more often like many have suggested.

Apologies. When I read the site, it seemed like the plus-drive was included.

No need to apologize. Thanks for trying to help.