New Modor drum machine - DR2

The firmware seems to be on the site, but the webpage yet to be updated.

I amended the download url and it seems to point to the new firmware.

http://www.modormusic.com/downloads/ModorDR2_OS009.zip

4 Likes

Perfect timing. I never updated to version 008, and was planning to do it today. Installed version 009 instead. :grinning:

I bought a second hand DR-2 today and it’s still on v 1.0 firmware. Anyone know if I can update directly to v 9.0, or is an incremental installation required? Thanks!

Was it the one that’s been up on Mod Wiggler for a while? If so, thanks for saving me from a tricky conversation with my better half!

1 Like

You need to do v6 or 7 first whichever one has the boot loader update.

1 Like

I contacted Marcel at Modor and he very helpfully tested out a 001 -> 009 upgrade for me before I tried it. It works perfectly, so no need to do any incremental installations … the update just takes a little longer as it needs to run some extra remaps, then you follow with the bootloader update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I bought it from some random pawn shop - quite strange to see the machine sitting there amidst a whole lot of other junk (golf clubs, PS4s etc). The price was exactly half what I would pay new and it comes with a 90 day warranty, so very happy :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Glad to hear the universe has smiled upon a fellow Melbourne ‘naut.

1 Like

Got to spend some time tonight. Electro drum is super snappy, like it a lot. Random on SUB setting (removes steps) works best for me. Great stuff

1 Like