New OTO Mixer - Bébé Chérie

Interesting. Thanks for the insight. Sound like a smart business move. However, if he ever makes an analog chorus, I’ll be first in line for pre-order.

2 Likes

Oh? What is your source of intel regarding OTO? Their forum seems dead…

Edit: found

https://www.otomachines.com/forums/topic/news-from-oto/

2 Likes

Yep! He also teases intermittently on Facebook as well though updates are few and far between until he’s ramped up production.

Hopefully that eventually comes to pass, but the Mixer is a fine stopgap to keep OTO strong in between sourcing for his existing lines.

2 Likes

Not sure actually but a good question - it’s analog so I suspect it saturates well!

1 Like

Despite having signed for #NGNY23, there are chances I’ll made an effort and contribute, at some point…
Just to help them, of course :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I know I’m late to the party lol, but I looked into it and the red light around the button is a clipping indicator. =)

Off = Mute/AUX’d
Red (only) = Clipping + Muted/AUX’d
Red w/White = Clipping + Unmuted
White (only) = Unmuted

2 Likes

So true. I try to remind myself of both of these points often. Even though buying and trying is part of the hobby for me, I always remind myself I need nothing more than what I have to make good music. Going to want a lot though haha. =)

3 Likes

I may be misunderstanding here, but how would using the aux out as a send/return work here? You wouldn’t be able to set how much of each channel was sent would you?

No level control indeed. It would simply be on or off. But this can still be quite useful. You can control the level of the effect on the return channel.

3 Likes

Cool, cheers. Just trying to wrap my head around it. Never used a physical mixer before, but looking to pick one up and this looks really interesting.

1 Like

I guess if you don’t want to pay the asking price that new bastl bestie mixer will get you into similar territory for a fraction of the price.
But again I won’t really know until I hear cherrie in action.

1 Like

Or if you don’t need EQ, compression, or an Aux. output. Not saying one is better than the other, but these extras will be selling points for some people for the OTO mixer.

3 Likes

That is the question I am asking myself as well. We need to hear the Cherie in action to understand what it can do.

I have a hunch that those saturation, EQ, and bliss components add up to a device that is essentially a classic OTO FX box that supports some mixer features.

I bet it sounds golden.

1 Like

I am a bit sad that I really don’t need it… :wink:

3 Likes