New OTO Mixer - Bébé Chérie

And Strymon Dig and EQD Rainbow Machine

4 Likes

Aight, I’m going team pink.

5 Likes

I think this could nicely replace the Heat and 1202 for me. Seems like a pretty good value with those use-cases in mind, though yes, with less flexibility. I think it would be worth the desk space.

4 Likes

Not exactly. In French, the word baby is usually used …for actual babies !
So it could be translated by “Dear baby”, for a baby girl. Then mabe “Dear baby girl”.

EDIT : As I’m thinking about it, I realise that the French words “bébé” and “chérie” are the two words that could be used to translate the two different meaning of baby :

• Bébé (for infant)
  • Chérie (for darling).
3 Likes

What a cool design! Can’t wait to hear it.

3 Likes

I’ve been looking at buying a heat/boum and wanted to size down from my 1202. I’m in the same boat, this could kill 2 birds with one stone. The 3.5mn jacks give me pause but I can just buy new cables. The only real downside would be losing 2 outputs (I sometimes use the 1202’s outs as separate outs for 4 things with hard panning and mute buttons, but at that point why am I using a mixer at all?).

3 Likes

Maybe referencing the compact form?

Probably : small & lovely

1 Like

Thanks. My question was simple and honest. Sorry if it seemed like trolling or whatever.
Thanks for the answers !

2 Likes

Can anyone explain what and how that “mute, send to alt channel” would work as a send, return? Can’t wrap my head around it :slight_smile:

You are political correctness. It should be like this. In reality, it’s not. Marketing still target men and women with differents things. Even in 2022.

No, Bébé can be used to call your girlfriend

It doesn’t mean you have to adopt such point of view.

I always find it weird that paying attention to sexist clichés is called “political correctness”, as if it was unjustified/dishonest. I’d like this place to evolve a bit in this regard, as @MartinH and a lot of other users.

Now it’s right that calling a pink thing called “Bébé Chérie” is discutable. I wouldn’t know if it’s marketing targeting men or women, but it’s rather humanizing an object.

Anyway, please let’s come back to the subject.

This is not widely spread in France and more like an anglicism, IMO.
Alright, Gainsbourg maybe ^^
You would call “mon bébé” up to a slightly grown child, but I have never seen anyone around me calling their girlfriend “Bébé”.

5 Likes

I just don’t like pink or red gear, no idea why as I don’t mind those colours for other things, I don’t even mind red screens. I don’t like day glo colours either.

It is weird though because I will actively avoid certain design elements, certain colours and finishes or even fonts can put me right off of buying something even if other aspects of a product do appeal to me. Yet mini jacks and other things don’t bother me at all.

2 Likes

I like that rare feeling of being able to understand a product just by looking at the front panel.

4 Likes

I can totally relate to this. Nothing stops me from buying something like brush script on anything at all. I consider that font a sign that there is something ihnerently wrong with the item.

8 Likes

Well, Soma called two Lyras respectively Black Beast and White Angel. I don’t give a shit, but did anybody complain about that?

Büm?

4 Likes

This thread is peak Elektronauts.

18 Likes

Do you relate to Angel Gabriel and your mother-in-law beast? :grin:

No, I see no problem here.

To topic:
I still wonder why it seems so difficult (or economically uninteresting) to build standard simple stereo mixers with more than 4 channels and all simple and established features of standard live mixers?