New OTO Mixer - Bébé Chérie

I think they may have been referring to the racial connotations of calling the black one beast and the white one angel.

Quite what any of this has got to do with mixers is quite beyond me, but I guess this is who we are now…

2 Likes

This product colour must be renamed Pink Bastard immediately to even the scales.

9 Likes

Shit, I’m very sorry that I didn’t geht this! :disappointed_relieved:

Don’t be sorry, it’s really not worth getting worked up about.

2 Likes

Fat shaming now

5 Likes

Agreed, I’ll need a sledgehammer to get my 1/4” cables inserted. What were they thinking?

1 Like

Here in Quebec, it’s a common thing to call your love one Bébé, Bé or Babe.

7 Likes

It’s a tone knob. It’s more suited to mini jacks, which obviously have a more lo-fi frequency response anyway. It’s all about surface area, as neuroscientists say, spatial summation, or as ducks say, let water flow.

1 Like

It’s called body shaming, get your facts straight :grin:

1 Like

No. That’s what I call dancing

2 Likes

Someone needs to put this up against the SiX asap. I bet it’ll be in its ballpark sound wise and for less money and space and much much better looking.

3 Likes

FTFY

5 Likes

Intend to do so next year. In a live setting we only use it for the synths so I feel this would make far more sense. But in the studio when we record drums guitars and vocals, the six is far more useful. Still intend to buy this and use both. Hopefully the six can stay in the studio this way and there’s a lot less to worry about on the stage.

2 Likes

…diss a point ed moi…

Let us know!

I can’t. I only eat trans fats.

Seriously, leave this Chérie to us sissies. The cis straight guys already have all the manly black Erica Synths and Elektron stuff.

Getting this would be cultural appropriation.

14 Likes

This thread is awesome.

1 Like

So black’s manly now is it…?

2 Likes

I don’t mind the pink like I didn’t mind the pink Strymon Dig and think it suits the “Bébé Chérie” name of the unit well.

There’s a possibility of alternative colors per OTO though. I’m not sure if I’d have the patience to wait to see if the alternative color options ever even happen or what they would be.

2 Likes

They’d be crazy not too run limited different color editions down the road.