New Peter Gabriel therapy session on the horizon

And a tour! Anyone else excited? It would be a dream to see him live…

5 Likes

Haven’t heard the new single yet, but a new Gabriel album is always an event.

I just listened to an old Marc Maron’s WTF -podcast with Daniel Lanois as his guest and realized that Lanois produced the Birdy -soundtrack. Need to get it into my collection. I buy everything with Lanois on it.

Would love to see Gabriel live once.

3 Likes

One of my favorite Album as a teenager.

3 Likes

Lanois is rather eccentric. Doesn’t he live in an old church or something in Montreal? His work on Apollo is just amazing.

While I like So I think Us is my favorite later period Gabriel album. Such an emotional experience listening to that. Apparently he was going to therapy at the time, having a hard time with his divorce etc., and I can really feel that in the album and I only discovered it a couple years ago. Felt like an intervention.

Oddly, my girlfriend had a roommate like 20years ago who went on to become a very successful jazz pianist and has toured with him. She only realized this a few days ago when they were talking about her on some jazz station. Too bad they didn’t stay in contact so I could maybe see his goatee up close :nerd_face:

Anyways, I’ve been listening to the new single and like it. Has a sound reminiscent of Us etc., nothing too out there but distinctly Gabriel and rather comforting. I feel like he’s one of the few of that generation who can channel getting old into good records which don’t feel static yet are very much a continuation of his life as a songwriter and musician.

3 Likes

Us is my absolute favourite too. I bought it when it came out as I was living my late teens and was trying to get to know all the ”big artists” that I had missed as a youth listening to Cannibal Corpse and Kreator.

Bought Counterparts from Rush, Black Tie White Noise from Bowie and Us from Gabriel. Those albums still hold a very dear place in each artists discography for me.

1 Like

I guess the question is: are you still listening to Cannibal Corpse?

1 Like

Of course I am!

It’s hard to find love in my heart for the hair metal bands like W.A.S.P., Skid Row and Poison nowadays, but I’m always up for some classic death metal. Just yesterday had a session of listening to Atheist, which is by far my favourite DM -band.

I love music.

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

It’s a sin that this forum doesn’t have a head banging emoji.

2 Likes

This will have to surfice: :metal:

Any news on Gabriel coming to the US?

2 Likes

Yea, I’m in the US and read someplace that he will have a North America tour.

2 Likes

was it Rachel Z?

1 Like

Yup!

Also strangly, the director of Sisters with Transistors sublet a room from her many years ago.

1 Like