New Syntakt user - wanting to trigger Syntakt from DAW, Can only use track 1 on Syntakt

Hey team, relatively new Syntakt user here - I was wondering if anyone knows if you can, and if so - how to trigger any of the tracks on Syntakt via Overbridge from your DAW other than track 1 - Iv got track one sorted, that will follow my midi pattern from Ableton and is great. Tracks 2-12 i’v been unable to figure out thus far, any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hi and welcome! People will want to know on which DAW you’re working on.

Hi, thanks - Ableton in this case, Although i use Logic also and same issue there to.

So Melody, created and triggered from Ableton - Plays on Syntakt, but will only trigger track 1, which is useful - but id also like to be able to use an Analog machine track to - so ideally being able to trigger tracks 9-12 would be great.

Thanks!

Are you using a MIDI track in Ableton and do you have the Syntakt Track selected in the ‘MIDI To’ section? How are you currently getting MIDI to Track 1?

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 12.25.08

Is it possible that you have Track 1 active on the Syntakt and are using AUTO CHANNEL rather than targeting that specific track?

After looking at it a bit closer - thanks to investigating your question, iv solved it - much appreciated thanks - and apologies for the overly basic question.

Cheers!

2 Likes

No worries! Glad you got it working :slight_smile: What was the issue? Might be useful for future users

2 Likes
  1. Create one midi track with the OB VST.

2. Create 12 (Or 1 if you only want to target 1 track) new midi tracks with no devices on them at all (Very Important).

3. Set the midi out on those track to the Syntakt (OB) midi track and select the Syntakt track you want the notes to go to from the drop down.

4. Now if you put midi notes on say the 4th of your new blank midi tracks those notes will go to track 4 on the Syntakt.

5. And if you want to record in audio, just create an audio track with input set as Syntakt and record

2 Likes

I’ll add you can trigger all tracks with notes 0-11.

3 Likes

I’m glad OP got things working as they need.

For me, using Ableton, I’ve found it much easier to use the Syntakt Overbridge plugin for audio tracking only. I disable midi sync/clock in the plugin and enable midi track and sync out to the Syntakt in Ableton midi settings. I create an empty midi track and set its output to the Syntakt along with whichever midi channel I want. I set its input to whatever I am using. Essentially this track becomes a router for midi.

Using OP’s way of sending midi through the Syntakt plugin, I have not been able to route midi to the auto channel, which is a real deficit.