New Teenage Engineering products

Where’s the hocus pocus? All I see is hocus.

2 Likes

Guys it’s clearly going to be a giant plastic sleeve so you can safely store yourself in while youre in bed. 500 Euros, Ikea exclusive.

1 Like

Interested to see TE’s take. It does seem to have two microphone inputs. So it’s a take in stereo - two speakers and two mics. Some kind of play on binaural mixing? I notice there’s a radio text at the top. Could have phone control like the OP-Z, maybe the OP-Z even connects to it. Maybe it self oscillates in weird ways?

Anyway that doc is a major leak. Sads for TE

2 Likes

And i also said that octatrack users will be pleased… which they always are, since they have an octatrack…

18 Likes

If it wirelessly connects to the OP family this speaker will be a big hit. No doubt

1 Like

I dunno how they would manage to get around the bluetooth latency for audio input, so it’d make it not particularly useful as a speaker for OP-1/Z if you had a lag on playback for all note input. Otherwise it’d have to use an RF signal for low-latency wireless audio, which I suppose could be an option, but none of their music making devices have RF onboard AFAIK

I don’t personally know what is onboard in the Z or the 1 but I do know that the Z and 1 will connect at some point or that they intended that. Whether that is over a wire or through wireless technology is yet to be revealed.

the “Tape” function could be the real secret sauce here - if indeed it has any sauce

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just an OP-1 style tape effect for whatever’s playing?

Something like this perhaps?

Knowing them it’s probably a nod to retro hifi amps with the “tape” output/input.

In the the OP-Z sequencer is amazing.

Sort of reminds me of football fans tracking flights to try and guess who their next signing is. Liverpool took it a step further and tracked the clubs van.

3 Likes

https://sadtrombone.com

1 Like

I have a 1010 Blackbox actually haha

1 Like

So I have a question for you all… What’s next for Teenage Engineering?

3 Likes

Something with bluetooth.

Something like a Segway.

With Bluetooth.

a plastic bag for bluetooth speakers.

6 Likes

Perhaps we’re being trolled with the bluetooth speaker?

4 Likes