New Teenage Engineering products

Kind of feel like it should have had an OP-Z or similar built into it.

According to TE it also has an ā€œIconic Handleā€

1 Like

For the price of the optional leather strap, you could have a two or three pocket operators :man_shrugging:t2:

For the price of speaker + leather bag you could almost buy a brand new octatrack.

Seriously, I bought my car, which has a kickass sound system, for less.

2 Likes

Wait, What ?

1 Like

The black one is sold out already!

Iā€™m waiting for the marketplace post.

WTT: TE OB-4 with leather bag for your OT mk2

9 Likes

Of course it is. As much as I like to laugh at TE, they know thereā€™s enough Nathan Barleys out there that will buy their stupid shit for the extortionate prices they charge.

Also, theyā€™ve only made 12 in the first run.

12 Likes

Iā€™ll wait for the Behringer clone I think : Ā£17.99

13 Likes

6 years in the making, it canā€™t be true. Are you saying that Iā€™ll have to wait another 20 years for my next Elektron product?

Its the ā€œsmart speakerā€ that Guardian readers have been waiting for, bet they give it a glowing review :laughing:

4 Likes

Just seeing this now. I was mildly interested in what ā€œitā€ might be in the weeks leading up to this.

Now having seen what ā€œitā€ is, I can honestly say I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen so much wankery in one product before in my life

12 Likes

Look Iā€™m playing devilā€™s advocate here because I try to be a positive person and have to believe TE canā€™t be this self-indulgent.

This is a BT speaker, yes, but also a disk recorder. Theyā€™ll probably release BT or FM transmitters for the OPZ. Then youā€™ve got a portable PA system over which multiple devices can collaborate and record.

I meanā€¦as brand extensionā€¦itā€™s not the worst thing ever.

Edit: Wait. I donā€™t see any indication you can record audio in on to disk. But a transmitter for OPZ is comingā€¦

And I donā€™t see anything about the leather being sourced sustainably so **** that bag.

4 Likes

Funny though they mentioned that they would have plenty of stock. Maybe there are more at the retailers they mention on the product site.

Itā€™s clear that TE are going the route of premium boutique. Generate the buzz, sell expensive (overpriced?) Products and realize profits. They are a design firm that also happened to create an interesting synth machine, if one must distill them down.

3 Likes

this is amazing :rofl:

1 Like

In the guide it looks like you canā€™t even do the remixing stuff when youā€™re in line-in modeā€¦

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget, itā€™s magic - if you throw it in the garden, itā€™ll grow and then you can climb it, burglarise a giantā€™s house for a goose that lays golden eggsā€¦which even if you do get caught and do time, is good value for money if you ask me. (Letā€™s not get into what happens if the giant comes to reclaim his fowl)

4 Likes

20 characters of :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Fitting in with the theme of 2020 being the most absurd year for a long time.

Is TE a piece of humorous performance art thatā€™s gotten out of hand?

4 Likes

It wouldnā€™t surprise me if that was part of the official blurb for this product.

2 Likes