New Teenage Engineering products

at least OT owners are pleased

19 Likes

Not that Iā€™m remotely interested in a Ā£600 portable speaker, but it isnā€™t even clear how you remix captured audio - Iā€™m guessing an app or via computer, and it doesnā€™t mention how long it can record for.

Products that rely on apps for functionality are not something Iā€™ll ever buy again, had too many devices now that were abandoned after a couple of years because the app no longer gets updated, despite the devices still being electronically functional.

It might have a web interface not reliant on any particular platform, if I was going to spend Ā£600 Iā€™d want to know that before buying.

2 Likes

If youā€™re into sampling and want some instant inspiration from sampling the random radio waves happening at any given time, I could see this being useful. Is it 600 euro worth of useful tho? Hells no. In fact, Iā€™d only get one when theyā€™re selling for 100 notes in a dodgy second hand shop full of stolen goods.

polyend tracker does that

5 Likes

The ā€˜endlessā€™ recorder, records two hours, but no idea how exactly you remix the audio or why you wouldā€¦

The turning radio into ambient drones thing is interesting, but no doubt is a simple piece of software.

The main thing puzzling me is the design, it doesnā€™t look comfortable to carry around and the speaker cones are exposedā€¦ the handle etc all look form over function to a massive degree

2 Likes

Does it come in a protective bag (case)?

For another 400 notes, yes.

1 Like

Looks like it does things to the waves first though. Instant ambient stuff based off the radio. But I get what youā€™re saying. OP-1 does it too, ofc :slight_smile:

Nah you buy that separately for a million ā‚¬

Ok its a Bluetooth radio with Paulstretch :joy:

11 Likes

More expensive than a SONOS :man_facepalming:

Parody is the thing that springs to mind. Both their mailout promo and the video gave me the strong vibe of somebody taking the piss.

I still canā€™t accept that this isnā€™t a joke, before the switch-up to an amazing productā€¦

1 Like

Sorry, I stand corrected, there are 2 cases. A leather one for 400 notes or a mesh one (you know, like you can buy for 50p in a supermarket) for 99. I would hesitate to describe either as protective though.

Ā£400 is a small price to carry a ā€œmagic radioā€ :rofl:

8 Likes

Wow the red one is Ā£649ā€¦

ā€˜ the OBā€“4 leather bag is the elegant protection you need when you walk the street in that high fashion district in a metropolitan city somewhereā€™

Fucking lol

5 Likes

Everyone knows red paint is Ā£50 more than black.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think that would show even less respect for their customers than this, presumably accidental, joke.

2 Likes

Hey, donā€™t forget:

:joy:

22 Likes

Well, no need to spend money on that :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If I had Ā£600 to spare on a bluetooth speaker, Iā€™d buy an OP1.
But then, if I had Ā£600 spare on an OP1, Iā€™d buy a couple of other synths with change.

It does look lovely though. Particularly like the ambient drone feature.

2 Likes