New Teenage Engineering products

How much more is the Supreme Edition?

2 Likes

I like it. And it will support midi in an update. That alone tells me thereā€™s more going on here.

Also, it records all I play into it. So I can record a jam session from my Deluge, bring that to the party and just press play.

If Iā€™m getting a household speaker, this oneā€™s way more attractive than anything from Marshal or Bose right now.

4 Likes

I actually really like this radio. Seems well designed a fresh twist on a ration and a cool thing to have in your house. I mean why not. They took the risk to develop it , We can buy it or not. I donā€™t think I will too rich for my blood for a radio for me. But seem fun. They are a design company after all not explicitly a synth company. I was looking forward to their bike design but I donā€™t think it ever came out and their ai robot toy desk assistant. Donā€™t know if thatā€™s happening anymore either. Shame.

3 Likes

#geekpie

8 Likes

Also worth noting, while we were here just talking about what we think they shouldā€™ve done, they sold out. So they mustā€™ve done something right.

5 Likes

The scratch wheel on it looks terrible

Does it do DAB? Otherwise it will be useless in at least one country where FM radio is no longer broadcasted. :thinking:

Not that I care, Iā€™m not gonna spend 600 euro on a radio :joy: I can just sample the radio if I wanted to (donā€™t want) for free with what I already have :joy:

Iā€™ve saved 600 euros today. Iā€™ve earned ice cream now :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Iā€™m quite curious about how many they started with. Like does Sold Out mean they sold 2,000 or 20?

5 Likes

I guess people didnā€™t get the joke when they released OP-Z. They wanted to ensure no-one would take them seriously this time.

1 Like

It took 6 years to create one of these magnificent devices. A real family heirloom, I just hope the lucky person who got the only production unit takes good care of it!

:rofl:

5 Likes

Design wise I think it looks stunning.

If the sound quality is above standard mid-range bluetooth speakers is a bit on par with other high end bluetooth speakers.

Is it magical? No way

Does ir take 6 years, maybe since its not your core and have to start from scratch. Do you brag about it? No

Recording whats on the radio and being able to rewind and play again. Just use Shazam and put on repeat.

Only attractive feature is the algorithm to create drones. It would been great to be able to blend/mix songs and add effects on top. Some algorithm to separate drums, vocals, baas, rest.

I been trying to fin a good working condition boombox to play cassettes. There is nothing on the market for a radio cassette. Would been great to have a cassete player, for an old and new type of thing, would have been great.

Terrible teaser campaign, both in concept and the fact that info was floating around the internet.

But even worst promotional video, that fails to show the unit in use.

Sold out. Would love to know how many units or this is another bad implementation of marketing, where scarcity makes the product more desired.

I imagine theyā€™ll be back in stock real soon, with a nice extra line of the marketing guff saying ā€œsold out at launch!ā€ or something.

1 Like

Site says second batch available November 2020. It would be interesting to know the size of the first batch that apparently sold out.

I cannot afford 600ā‚¬ bluetooth speaker, but it looks like it will sound pretty good!

I couldnā€™t say if the product is good or otherwise but the marketing campaign was utterly ridiculous.
Then they come up with this.

3 Likes

i like the design, looks slick. I even like the idea of the product, and i like that there is a company which dreams their own ideas and make it a product, even for the price.

i donĀ“t like hatespeech, and i donĀ“t like when people canĀ“t feel the difference between i donĀ“t need it/ i donĀ“t like it and and company flaming.

i like fm radioā€¦but i know that itĀ“s not longe than 5 years supported in my country.
i like spending money on things i want.
i like saving money for things i donĀ“t need.

5 Likes

I donā€™t see any ā€œhatespeechā€ but Iā€™m a gen Xer so Iā€™m not particularly sensitive to words, all I see is a bit of piss taking of a company.

17 Likes

Well, two of my friends got one before they sold out. So soon enough, Iā€™ll see (hear) first hand what this is all about.

1 Like

Iā€™m the type of person that will look at a Koons vacuum cleaner in an art museum and think itā€™s cool (while my family laughs) but even I have to post this in reaction to this product:

8 Likes

Hipsters here they are

I think this is a pure marketing product

1 Like