New Teenage Engineering products

Looks very nice but the price is just insane imo. Im keeping my Radial Key Largo (that is also a very good direct box)

6 Likes

The price makes it completely uncompetitive with the 1010music Bluebox.

5 Likes

Well, that was certainly less stressful than the Syntakt launch :slight_smile:

6 Likes

https://teenage.engineering/products/tx-6

1 Like

Whenever I see a new TE product, my urge is to buy it before they sell out. But not this one, even though it looks amazing. And has a radio(!) if Iā€™m reading it right

3 Likes

I actually donā€™t hate it in a sort of ā€œdonā€™t give much of a shit because I will never buy itā€ way. If it was even just 50% bigger itā€™d be more interesting. That screen is like fingernail sized ffs!

But as a concept, itā€™s cool enough.

1 Like

battery operated 6 stereo channel multitrack 32-bit audio interface with compressor, limiter, EQ, 2 FX sends and a freaking digital Lyra.

to me thats pretty dopeā€¦ it is expensive though.

Edit: POST fader multi track recording, which basically non of the tascam and Zoom have

3 Likes

So itā€™s basically a mixer for your Pocket Operators. Except that it costs 15 times more :smiley:

6 Likes

Iā€™d buy at $600.

6 Likes

honestly, looks fucking rad. people have been begging for a super tiny mixer like this forever

3 Likes

A Norns shield with usb and 3.5mm audio input and a power bank should be a better option than this by miles. I know @glia has mentioned using it as a mixer/recorder

2 Likes

I might still buy one, but Iā€™ll wait for it at Thomann so I get a proper 3-year warranty for those 3.5mm jacks.

1 Like

Whatā€™s so cool about it? Youā€™ll have to use clunky adapters for it. Thereā€™s nothing cool about that.

All that sleekishness looses itā€™s purpose IMO.

2 Likes

Great Launch TE!
We only had to wait for 30 mins instead of 3 daysā€¦

4 Likes

Guys. 12. HUNDRED.

Did they catch the crazy off Kanye?

10 Likes

They have a very particular audience for their brand. I doubt the price will be an issue.

It is ridiculous generally speaking though.

4 Likes

Dumb.

2 Likes

3.5mm ā€¦ manā€¦ useless

2 Likes

They were like ā€œretail for $600, but letā€™s charge $1200 while those nauts are rabidā€

4 Likes

Early adopter reverse discount. Buy now at 3x retail.

This should be Ā£400.

6 Likes