New Teenage Engineering products

Teenage Overengineering

6 Likes

Am I nuts? It’s a weaker blue box but w multitrack out to daw, right?

Would love to know the actual raw output quality here. I don’t care if it’s the stairway to heaven, if it doesn’t sound at least as good or better than a bluebox or whatnot, it’s just for the fans.

3 Likes

TE totally appealed to me with their Industrial Design - I had an OPZ as my first synth - and I will 100% agree that they have excelled on the ID here.

But the actual product is a niche inside a niche at a price that is freaking nuts for what it does.

2 Likes

With you on design. Functionality though? Meh.

Guide here. Skimmed it. Nothing special TX–6 guide

Awww, that‘s cute.

100% inflation in Sweden is crazy.

2 Likes

I’d be down with the design, if it was, say 200% bigger. Then it could use 1/4" cables like everyone paying for a $1200 mixer/interface would want.

3 Likes

Good news is this may encourage bluebox to up their usb interface game

3 Likes

Half of me thinks they’re nuts when comparing to BlueBox, but the other see features BlueBox doesn’t have… But do I need those extra features? Sadly no.

I love dedicated per knob function. Even after using BlueBox for a year I think?? I still get messed up with what knob is controlling what. The only way to work around that (for me) is a dedicated controller. That still doesn’t up the price to the TX-6 level, but it’s more.

Onboard battery might be the biggest persuader in getting one of these. I won’t now, but not needing as many battery packs as I do now for a portable setup would be great.

1 Like

Bluebox sounds pretty good, though. Lots of space for the mix there. If you’re gonna go multitrack mixer, you better have the headroom for all the stuff I’m gonna cram into it.

3 Likes

19 Likes

For real. Buy a really nice controller for the extra $600 that does more than flimsy faders

Hmm. It’s really pretty. No. Don’t do it. It costs more than syntakt

True. BlueBox is Eurorack compatible. Hard to beat that in its size and price.

2 Likes

I like it. I won’t buy it since I have a bluebox, but I definitely like it.

These TE guys are really crazy.

1 Like

Can you imagine using those knobs, that small, that close together, without labels?

This bit from the manual is pretty nuts :

to keep the battery healthy,
the unit should be charged at least every 6 months. if not used for a long time, it may not charge again.

5 Likes

Just about kills the GAS. Thank you

I can get used to SE-02 spacing, but this is too close.

1 Like

Double the size, halve the price, and it’s perfect.

1 Like