New Teenage Engineering products

It should be no more expensive than Bluebox

Personally, I think looks like amazing product. It looks beautiful, itā€™s like nothing else on the market for its combination of industrial design and functionality. When you consider it is a 12 channel audio interface (with an input for each channel|) with built in effects, with a footprint that makes it all completely bespokely tooled, plus some other features to boot - I donā€™t think the price is that outlandish.

Itā€™s not for me though - I canā€™t afford it, but I donā€™t feel entitled for it to be cheaper, they have their audience, they put the work in and theyā€™ve created something without competition. If itā€™s what you are after, thereā€™s nothing else out there.

Like others have said, double the size, half the price and itā€™s perfect - I donā€™t understand why no-one is producing synth/stereo focussed mixers without preamps? Hopefully this will spur on some competition.

3 Likes

Ā£1200?

Knobs

9 Likes

This looks interesting

Then you see the price

2 Likes

1010 bluebox is much more cost effective.

4 Likes

If Apple designed a mixer it would look like this (with a matching price tag lol)

Looks beautiful - battery life speel bit and adapters for cables would put me off mind

1 Like

Nice looking and interesting functions but it DOES NOT record, and the price, wellā€¦nope.

Does the 1010bluebox multitrack all itā€™s audio?

No

oh - ok, so itā€™s not really comparible - not saying better or worse, but theyā€™re not the same thing.

by which I mean if you want a 12 channel i/o Audio interface, then the bluebox wonā€™t do that, and if you want on-board recording then this device wonā€™t do that. If the Bluebox had multichannel I would be all over it, it looks GREAT, but isnā€™t what Iā€™m looking for.

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m not a TE apologist - that radio was NUTSā€¦

ā€¦BUT if someone could point me in the direction of a 12 channel I/0 audio interface and mixer that is desk-sized small (doesnā€™t need to be this small) for half the price, Iā€™d LOVE to know what it is. The KMIX seems the closest thing out there and people donā€™t seem to rate that so muchā€¦

Yes. And you could record in iPhone I guess. Very few outs is sad compared to kmix

8 Likes

Well if you have a better option for smuggling a six-channel mixer into a high security prison, Iā€™m sure weā€™d all love to hear it.

5 Likes

After the endless op-z build quality issues, I just donā€™t trust them.

Especially for 1200 USD.

5 Likes

Can you imagine the kind of portable battery you could buy for a bluebox with a spare 700 bucks?!

1 Like

Go on Facebook marketplace and you can get a heavily featured tank mixer for like $100

1 Like

I was just referencing the price point others mentioned. I personally have a B-ringer mixer that I got used for 60 bucks. I could drop it from the top of my house and it be fine.:joy:

1 Like

What is that?! Mixer for ants?! :laughing:

9 Likes

I bought an OB-4 and definitely gotta draw a line somewhere. This is ridiculously pricedā€¦.

1 Like

I feel the same way. I absolutely will not buy this at that price. If it was $600 or less I probably would have already ordered one.

1 Like